Finally playing God of War series....

Discussion in 'Gamers' Pulse' started by Reign, Apr 23, 2010.

1. Reign

Reign Banned

I wish i had played it sooner, though this way I have 3 games (now 2) too keep me occupied. It is a very bad ass game despite it pretty much being an easier version of Ninja Gaiden that's been re-skinned.

The only complaints I have is that the game is rather short. I started the first one yesterday and am almost done with it today... only have 5 or 6 hours into the game too. The combo system seems kinda... lack luster and easy. I don't wanna call it "dial-a-combo' but at times it really resembles that.
    Being
    1 level away from finishing the first one, the story is pretty bad ass and I hope it gets better throughout the other two.

So if anyone out there was like me, and never played them, go buy the collection for your PS3.... well worth the money.

2. stkorn97

stkorn97 OT Supporter

everything gets better as you move along the series. and this is a fun hard, ninja gaiden just wasnt fun on hardest setting. i like a challenge that doesnt make me want to stop playing, thats what gow does

3. Toology

Toology New Member

I recently got a PS3 and did the same... I think I was slightly more impressed with Heavenly Sword, can't believe that was a launch title, wow that game is bad ass.

4. Reign

Reign Banned

I haven't found one part of this game difficult yet. With the slight exception of the kicking the rock through the floor of nails to get that necklace on the cliffs level. I died on that a couple times.

However I have beaten both Ninja Gaindens, multiple times, on the hardest difficulty. There were frustrating points in both those games (more the second one I found... those rolling fire armadillos pissed me the fuck off), but I thouroghly enjoyed both of them.

In either case, the story for God Of War is better, so far... (then again, NG had a pretty decent line story but NG2's was just... wtf?)

5. stkorn97

stkorn97 OT Supporter

as i said, play all 3 then make those claims. it only gets better

6. Cobra Commander

Cobra Commander OT Supporter

wow i feel dumb, i didn't even know that gow 1 and 2 were released in a collection bundle for the ps3 :doh:

7. Clancer

Clancer New Member

God mode makes the games a lot more challenging. I played the fight with the Kratos clones around a hundred times until I finally figured out how to beat it

8. HatShapedHat

HatShapedHat Active Member

I like the auto-save function in GoW...you can play it on a difficult setting and not be discouraged from having to replay ten minutes of bullshit because of failure

9. Strife

Strife Active Member

GOW2 > GOW3 > GOW1

Story and environment just feels way more fluid and epic in number 2.
    GOW3 didn't feel as epic or as groundbreaking for when it came out. It was also easier.

Played all 3 on Hard and GOW3 Hard was easier then GOW2 Hard, and they made it really easy to max all weapons in 3.

Great trilogy though.

10. Gotcha38

Gotcha38 OT Supporter

I haven't played 3, but I did enjoy 1 and 2 on PS2. They're a blast to run your way through in a few days. If you want them to last longer then up the difficulty. That makes it last a while longer unless you're some kind of super gamer.

11. HatShapedHat

HatShapedHat Active Member

truf

the story in GoW3 was pretty lame, it's essentially GoW2's story but stretched out for a bit more

lame may be the wrong word to use...it's not lame, so much as it just wasn't original

12. FunkyMunniez

FunkyMunniez Active Member

Stop playing on easy. That will solve all your issues with the game.

13. Freeze Time

Freeze Time New Member

picked up the ps3 collectors edition a little while back and have been working my way through the 1st. Lots of fun, and looks good with the updated graphics. Need to hurry up and finish it.

14. georgexi

georgexi o.O OT Supporter

:werd:

you actually have to learn to block/roll/parry once you start playing on God or Titan mode

15. tehsarb

tehsarb Mr Bubbles

i picked up all 3 at once, played 1 and 2 back to back and i have yet to touch 3 yet. i needed a break from that type of game play :o

16. Reign

Reign Banned

I played through on whatever default is, I know it's not easy because it asked me if I wanted to switch once or twice when I kept falling off the ceiling in Hades chamber on the mountain and the moving bladed logs in Hades. Which conincidently I found to be the two most annoying parts of the game :mamoru:

Blocking and such however... I know that stuff. Like I previously stated, I'm well versed in the ways of Ninja Gaiden. Shit... it only took me two tries to kill Ares, would have taken one try for the 100's of mirror Kratos if I hadn't fallen off the stupid ledge (also took twice), and then did the final part of Ares in one try.

17. W3rd

W3rd New Member

I'm torn on whether to buy them all now or just wait for the inevitable trilogy pack to be released :o

18. deXTuX

deXTuX New Member

Welcome to five years ago. They are excellent games, wish I would have gotten into them sooner than I did. I still haven't gotten GOW3 yet.

19. deXTuX

deXTuX New Member

You can buy the GOW1 and GOW2 for like 25 bucks off Amazon. I would say get that first instead of waiting for a couple years for a trilogy pack to come out. Then you can get GOW3 when you're ready to start playing that.

20. FunkyMunniez

FunkyMunniez Active Member

trust me, put it on something harder than normal (which is the default) and you won't know shit about blocking and evading :rofl:

just because you died on two parts of the game and flew through the rest doesn't mean you're having a difficult time with the game.

21. asdfbunk

asdfbunk A Member OT Supporter

The default mode is pretty much easy, nothing is difficult about it :rofl:

22. W3rd

W3rd New Member

Amazon is my new favorite game store. You usually get new games @ $4 off, cheap shipping, and usually a $10 gift certificate.

I'm actually considering getting an Amazon Visa and just buying all my games on it and getting rewards.

23. eXtraVert3d

eXtraVert3d Pop this, bitch!

LOL @ complaining about difficulty whilst playing on default setting... That bit aside, welcome to the king of button mashing combo games!

24. Reign

Reign Banned

Well I'll play through it on hard... but being as easy as at it was on normal I can't imagine setting it to hard being any more difficult than Ninja Gaiden on normal (that game was quite difficult on normal and ruthless on the harder settings. I didn't start getting REALLY good at blocking until my second play through on the most difficult setting).

25. hellodon

hellodon

From what I hear, both games kind of ripped off of Rygar on PS2 (which I havent played and heard is good)

God of War games are definitely not hard on Normal...but they sure are fun to play. I think 3 is by far the most "epic"...its almost like you're constantly playing a crazy part that you only saw here and there in the first 2.