Finally, no more stock can.... (pics)

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by Prelude Ed, Nov 19, 2003.

1. Prelude Ed

Prelude Ed Guest

Mounted without passenger peg
    [​IMG]

midpipe
    [​IMG]

with peg
    [​IMG]

i shaved down the part of the peg that mounted to the stock can
    [​IMG]

now i just have to work on "pussah-ness" shown by my rear tire

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2003
  2. rider

rider New Member

Nice bike! :bigthumb: How do you like the new can? How does it sound?

Do you really need that passenger peg? The bike looks cleaner without it on there. I took mine off when I put on my LVHM can. Just wondering.

Do you have any more pictures of your bike? I'd like to see what else you've done to it. :)

3. Prelude Ed

Prelude Ed Guest

I love the new can and midpipe.... it sounds eleventy billion times better than stock (angry bees)... throaty down low and screaming at high rpms... i have only put about 20 miles on since the new can, so i have to see how much better it sounds after breaking in more...

i put the passenger peg back on because i didnt feel like taking the other one off to match. i agree it looks cleaner without both pegs, but you never know when someone may want a ride and i dont have a race cowl yet, so no pegs + rear seat = looks stupid.... once i get the cowl, i'll rethink removing the pegs....

i have more pics, but they are the ones of me riding on the highway from the summertime...

the other mods i have done are:
    -Vortex frame sliders
    -Custom LED tail light integrator (from tobefast.com)

Next up
    -new Alpinestars Dyno jacket in gray/black
    -Zero Gravity Double Bubble windscreen in Smoke (not Dark Smoke)
    -LP Type V Flushmounts
    -Power Commander IIIusb (only if i find one cheap new or ebay)
    -Ohlins/scotts steering dampner (still debating if i should get one)
    -Seat cowl (ebay when the prices come down)
    -Braided brake lines
    -air horn (for rice purposes :o )

4. rider

rider New Member

uh-oh... that's my bike... :eek3:

I have some of the same mods coming up for my bike, but I think I'm gonna wait until after Christmas. :)

I don't have frame sliders yet. Yah, I know, what the hell am I thinking... I'll get them though. Promise ;) I have the same taillight integrator that you have. I got Gregg's flushmounts, a Leovince HM can, and a Matris damper. But that's it for now...

Have fun riding and post up them pictures anyways! I can't get enough of looking at other people's bikes... especially R6s. :wiggle:

5. mnewell

mnewell Lucy.

Looks good.

I think I'm gonna get a Two-Brothers high mount for my VFR this winter.

6. Prelude Ed

Prelude Ed Guest

Gregg's are too much and i dont think they are bright enough....

you asked for pics... well these are from August and it was about 400 degrees that day, so i rode with my mesh jacket half-unzipped cause i was sweating like a fat kid.... dont make fun of my not-matching gear :o (i had a blue katana before this)

this was on the south end of 287 North
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

why is the "Y" in "city" so odd???!?!
    [​IMG]

I'm about 6 inches from his passenger door at like 80mph....
    [​IMG]

That vette cut me off and wanted to play, but traffic wouldnt allow :hs:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm so cool riding with one hand and non-matching gear :o
    [​IMG]

MMMmmmyes?!?!?!?!?!
    [​IMG]

nice random moon craters to skurr me....
    [​IMG]

after this, i was pretty much gone and out o'sight...
    [​IMG]

nice and bright tail light LEDs (not on the brake)
    [​IMG]

"Hello Hello" </austin powers voice>
    [​IMG]

sucks when you blow by the exit ramp and have to catch up :o :(
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

and the obligatory doofus pic
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2003
  7. rider

rider New Member

Very cool! Dude, how tall are you? You look like a giant on the wee little bike! Or maybe I look small on mine... :eek3:

Those are some pretty nice pictures of you riding. I wish my boyfriend would take pictures of me riding, but I don't think he likes riding around in the car when I'm on the bike. He'd rather be riding too! :slap:

Oh yah, and my boyfriend likes riding with one hand too. Why do guys think that's cool? Hahaha...

I think I've seen your picture on here before but I don't remember. It looks familiar. Nice helmet. I was gonna get the same one but I got the phantom one instead.

Gregg's are definitely not the brightest, but they're not bad. They look good on my bike, nice and flush like they were always there, and I never signal anyways! I'm trying to though. :)

8. Prelude Ed

Prelude Ed Guest

You are like the millionth person to say i look huge on that bike... I'm 6' 190lbs. I posted those exact pics on OT before (main forum). My friend's GF took the pics as we were goign to see an F2 that was for sale and i told my friend to jump on it as it was showrooom condition and damn cheap, but he didnt... big homo.

In my pics, im not tucked in any of them except for like two because while highway-speed cruising, i tend to "come up" and take one hand off... bad habit, but better than no hands.... i cant remain tucked and go highways speeds, BORING... I love my helmet, but i wish i had the black/gray version... oh well... "not matching" is the new cool... :o

I'm a big fan of using turn signals on bike (yet not in cars :dunno ) so i want bright functional flushmounts.... Thats the only way i justified the $180 on the tail light integrator kit cause it is MUCH brighter than stock and big yellow flashes when signaling.... and i made my plate holder out of a stop sign i had in my garage....

someone i ride with is getting a helmet cam and i cannot wait to borrow that thing....mwuhahahaha