GUN Finally joined (hand)gun crew

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by niquesuave06, Dec 22, 2008.

1. niquesuave06

niquesuave06 New Member

I finally joined handgun crew :wavey: I went to the fun show and bought a brand new Taurus PT 24/7 Pro C for $350 otd. I'm kind of regretting not spending a bit more and buying something else (ie Glock 26) but at the same time I'm really liking the Taurus, and all the Glocks I looked at were $250+ more. The price gouging was horrible :hs:

I've only fired about 200 rounds through the PT but I haven't had any issues at all. A buddy that I went to the gun show with ended up buying a new Ruger P95, he let me shoot it at the range and the damn thing jammed 6 times on a single 14 round mag :o After he put about 200 rounds through it and oiled the mags it seemed to start feeding a little better, but it was pretty shitty at first.

I took my CCW class a week after I bought the gun and I'm going to send off the paperwork once I have the extra $150 or so for the OSBI licensing fee, fingerprinting, and passport photos (hopefully before Christmas). However, I'm having a little bit of trouble finding a good IWB holster for the PT 24/7, could anyone recommend one? I'd prefer to have a better fit than just a generic holster.

ibtradeforaglock

2. Ebtromba

Ebtromba Active Member

meh, should be fine

rule #1- have a gun

3. AB13

AB13 New Member

Oil in a semi auto handgun magazine is not a good thing. Where exactly did he put the oil???

That's asking for trouble and I can't see how this would have helped.

That said, every gun needs to be broken in.

4. niquesuave06

niquesuave06 New Member

I have several, this is just the first one I've purchased myself :mamoru: My dad has given me several over the years. I have a Marlin .22 rifle, a Mossberg 12 gauge, a lever action Marlin 30/30, and a Ruger .22 pistol.

The Mossberg has been my designated HD weapon since I moved into my own place, and now that I'm finally old enough for CCW I bought the Taurus. Now I'm thinking I need to build an AR to round things out :o

5. niquesuave06

niquesuave06 New Member

I'm not sure where he put it, but it wasn't jamming at all afterwards :dunno: