GUN Finally installed the flattop upper, and a few other goodies to boot V. PICS

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Ghostrider4450, May 16, 2009.

1. Ghostrider4450

Ghostrider4450 New Member

Well, it took long enough, but I finally got the tools and the time to install my flattop upper receiver on my Bushy AR15A2. I couldn't be happier with the setup. I was surprised by how much lighter the gun is without the A2 upper. I picked up a few other items for the gun this week too. Among them is a replacement for my olf Hogue rubber combat grip. I ended up going for the Magpul MIAD grip. It feels 11ty times better than the Hogue shit. Looks better too IMHO.

Some before and after pics:

Before with the A2 upper (yuck, shitty cheek weld and Hogue grip [​IMG] ) :

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

After with the flattop upper, GG&G BUIS, VFG, Magpul MIAD and some new Magpul P-Mags:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

My buddy was selling his AR and all his equipment that he had with it, and he had this 3x magnifier made by some company called Mako. He let it go for $40 bucks because it was a bit scratched up and didnt come with any rings. I have taken it to the range about a half dozen times, and so far it works like a champ. The optics are not as clear as the $500 Aimpoint 3x (but they are clean, with a decent eye relief), but at $40 it was worth a go to see what its like. Since there is no reticle in it, im not worried about the quality or zero retention as much as I would be with say an Aimpoint or AGOG clone. I need a better mounting setup for the 3x, and once I get a cantilever mount, it won't be so far back on the rail.

Some pics:

[​IMG]

I am picking up an A.R.M.S. Throw Lever Mount with the Cantilever spacer off a guy on Calguns.net for $90 shipped, since my setup is not ideal for co-witness on the Aimpoint. (the front sight post takes up 2/3rds of the Aimpoint, I want it be in the lower 1/3rd) I also picked up a GG&G Rear BUIS from the same buddy for $55.

Next up is a new BUIS Front Sight, since the stock one just isn't cutting it, and I would like the option of folding it down and out of the way when ushing optics.

Last edited: May 16, 2009
  2. pimpofthenation

pimpofthenation OT Supporter

I really need to install my flattop... :hsd:

3. Ford4Life

Ford4Life Guest

Kittah says this box does not pass inspection.

4. xpinchx

xpinchx hes got a nice cock, on the thin side but its stil

That GG&G sight and packaging looks identical to MI's packaging for their rear BUIS.

5. The Cable Guy

The Cable Guy New Member

:werd:

All MI stuff I've seen comes in boxes like that. Most GG&G products I've seen come in plastic baggies.

6. Ghostrider4450

Ghostrider4450 New Member

Ill be damned. I picked it up yesterday, and didn't even look at the sight for the markings. I'm not sure why he told me it was GG&G.

The box threw me off tho, since it doesn't have any markings on it:

[​IMG]

Either way, it works really well. I could not care less what it has written on it, so long as it works well and doesn't break/lose zero.