Finally had a chance to use my new toys..56K No Way!

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by Sonar_un, Mar 1, 2005.

1. Sonar_un

Sonar_un Prowler Orange

on my wife's new car..

Here's come pics.

Here's the ground effects that were covered in tar and what not. I wish this was a better picture..
    [​IMG]

Here they are after the clay..
    [​IMG]

And.. finally.. after the polish.

[​IMG]

The quarter panel had some nasty swirls..

[​IMG]

Here it is after some polish..

[​IMG]

and another after shot..

[​IMG]

The roof was particularly bad..

[​IMG]

nothing a little polishing couldn't fix

[​IMG]

Here is a shot of the side of the car before..

[​IMG]

and after..

[​IMG]

and here is a picture of the reflection on the truck

[​IMG]

This last shot is probabally the biggest improvement of all. I have no before pictures because I really didn't notice it until I was claying the car. There was some nasty red stuff on it and the bumber was full of tar and rail dust. Just completely pitted. I got about 50% of it off with the clay bar, and the rest came out with the swirl remover.

[​IMG]

I hope thats enough pictures for you guys. I didn't post a shot of the entire car because its pointless. The car looks identical with the before and after shots. In person its completely different, but the camera just didn't pick it up for some reason. I think it was the lighting the car was under.

Anyway, here is what I did.

Wash with Zaino car wash
    Clay Bar
    Swirl Remover 2.0 (ABSOLUTULY incredible stuff, my wife even was amazed)
    Vanilla Moose
    P21S X 2 (The first coat didn't do that good of a job, the second REALLY helped)
    Zaino tire gloss on tires and trim
    Eagle 1 20/20 w/ microfiber towel on glass (that microfiber is awesome for that)

The paint on the car deffinitely needed help. There was rail dust and tar all over the thing. Lots of swirl marks and scrapes. While washing the car, my wife put a huge scrape in the hood with her ring. I used some swirl remover and it completely removed the scrape. I was completely amazed.

All in all, it was a decent way to spend the day with my wife cleaning the car. Its our 6 year anniversary of us being together (not marrige) and now its time for me to go to a steakhouse and eat!

2. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

Looks like it turned out really good! The paint has some pretty good pop to it for white. :)

Have some steak for me too. :hsd:

3. Sonar_un

Sonar_un Prowler Orange

It was deffinitely alot of rubbing. The rail dust and whatnot was horrible on the car though. I've clayed a couple of cars in my lifetime, but I don't think any of them have been this bad. The claying is what made all the difference in the world.

The swirl remover needed quite a bit of rubbing too, I can see now why you would want a PC. It seemed like I needed to use a bunch of it too. I had to keep applying the compound to my terry towel often. If I didn't, it failed to take out any scratches. As soon as I applied the compound and with a few quick rubs, the scratch was gone. Still though, amazing stuff. I am sure I won't go through it THAT fast.

4. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

Meguiars. I prefer their #80 Speed Glaze though but you have to get it online or through a professional products distributor. You can walk into most auto parts stores and get 2.0.