Finally got my speakers

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by amill94, Apr 19, 2008.

1. amill94

amill94 OT Supporter

After 3 weeks of listening to my rear bookshelfs for fronts my Martin Logans showed up. I got the ML Source for the fronts and the ML Matinee for the center. My Epik Knight sub will be here in the next 2-3 weeks hopefully. :x: That will complete my speakers for now. I think I'm gonna upgrade my 3805 receiver to a 3808 or better so I can have the new lossless codecs for bluray. Then when the 9g 60" Pioneer panels come out I will be replacing the pile DLP I'm using now. Anyway, here is a pic.

[​IMG]

2. SilverJettaGLX

SilverJettaGLX OT Supporter

3. TroubleMan

TroubleMan New Member

Beautiful speakers...congrats!

4. ssabripo

ssabripo Banned

good job.. ;)

5. amill94

amill94 OT Supporter

Thanks for the compliments. These speakers are surprising me. They actually have decent bass, but I need my Epik. Any idea where I should cross these guys over with the subwoofer. I was thinking 60hz? :dunno:

6. cacique78

cacique78 Member

How do you like them?

I have enough points (points for product program) to get a pair directly from Logan.
    Problem is I'm currently using two focal sib sats as right and left and a sib xl as my center. I fear that I might need to change the center as the Sibxl might not accurately match the logans.
    I might not have enough points for a ML center (might have to go with something cheaper like an ML Vignette) for the center.

If I order those then I'm definitely busting that Grottoi out of the box though!

7. amill94

amill94 OT Supporter

I like them. I don't have many hours on them yet, so hopefully they'll "open" up a little more. When I was listening to them I heard them with a Fresco as a center. It didn't sound that great, you could tell there was a difference in sound between the the fronts and the center. So, I wanted to go with electrostats all up front. Overall, I'm glad I went with them.