TAT Finally Got It Done

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by swaterinater, Mar 6, 2004.

1. swaterinater

swaterinater Guest

My sister paid for me to get my tongue pierced today as a birthday gift. :big grin:

I got it done around 1:30... Any ideas as to what I should expect within the next few hours/days... anything I should to do prevent suckage?

Right now I'm on 2 ibuprophens and sucking ice....

More questions:

Can I smoke pot or drink this weekend?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2004
  2. BAM

BAM betterthanyou'er OT Supporter

:nono: on smoking for awhile. its an open wound,treat it as such. and congrats!!! :hug: PICS!!

3. swaterinater

swaterinater Guest

Yeah, I'll take some pics of it when I get back to Calgary.

4. ronin11

ronin11 New Member

onya man. just got both my nipples done myself. bit sore, but im not expecting any problems.

as for tongue.. i looked into getting thst done but cant due to work.. expect swelling, a dull ache, and dont eat anything with seeds in it. ie corn grain bread, also, dont eat pototo chips etc. also, after you eat wash your mouth out with the natual flavoured listerine.. and drink only bottled water for a week too.. i think thats about it. but you probably already been told all that.

5. GT40

GT40 lol

I kept ice in my mouth as much as I could, and rinsed my mouth out with mouthwash after eating anything. I couldn't eat anything other than 2 little cups of applesauce for 2 days though :hs:

6. CrudeGT

CrudeGT New Member

Didn't your piercer go over aftercare with you?

Keep cold stuff on your tongue, my advice would be slurpees, or something like them. Don't use straws, or anything that requires sucktion, or licking. things like creating suction in the mouth or the motions involved in licking ice cream slow down the healing process tremendously.

Stay away from smoking for at least a week, if not more. And the reason drinking is an issue is because it thins the blood and can cause cause bleeding in an open wound.

7. swaterinater

swaterinater Guest

Well I stupidly got drunk and high last night, but my tongue is luckily aokay today.

I'm so immature :ugh: :(

8. CrudeGT

CrudeGT New Member

Smoking cigarettes is an addiction, I would recommend cutting back as much as possible during the initial healing of the tongue. Smoking weed is a compulsive desire. I would suggest respecting your body enough to not smoke weed while your new $50+ investment is healing.

9. swaterinater

swaterinater Guest

Meh, I do agree with that. And I proved last night I'm probably not very mature.. but at the same time I cleaned it after every drink and everything, and its perfectly fine now. :dunno:

10. CrudeGT

CrudeGT New Member

That's good. In the future, it's less work to just not drink or smoke weed for the next week or 2.

11. swaterinater

swaterinater Guest

It took about a week for the swelling to go down. Now its perfectly fine. Just gotta wait another week or two until I can get the bar changed to a not so huge size :)