Finally got around to cleaning up my A4 *Pics*

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by V, Oct 23, 2005.

1. V

V Corrupt and Immoral

so i tried to detail my car by hand a couple weeks ago. and it did nothing and took forever. i just tried to polish it and saw no results so i gave up and didnt feel like wasting anymore time with the rest.

this weekend i ran out to lowes and picked up a PC 7336 for $110 and then hit up a local paint supply store for a Meguiars backing plate and some 6.5" pads (polishing and finishing). I already had the products from before.

I had no shade to work in so i had to work fast to wash. and i didnt get the wheels dried in time so they look kinda dirty still, but i dont really care. i will eventually get new wheels and these will become my winter beaters. they are already scuffed a bit from last week when i got new tires mounted :)mad: ).

anyway heres what i did:
    wash with meg's gold class car wash (used sheepskin mits and tire brush)
    dried with a couple waffle drying towels
    PC and Optimum polish using polishing pad
    PC with Clearkote Vanilla Moose and finishing pad
    Poorboy's EX w/carnauba by hand

pretty happy with the results. i got most of the swirls out which is what i was really going for. there are quite a few paint defects though which i noticed and i'm not sure what they are or how to get them out. it looks like there are water spots all over the finish but they are more than just on the surface. when i look closely at them it seems like they are little waterspot-shaped dents. i'm guessing this might just be etched in from salt or something. it was a new york car before i bought it. also, on the drivers rear quarter there are a bunch of tiny dent things in the paint. looks almost like the car got hit with minibirdshot or something. can't see it unless you look really close. each dent is like the size of a pinhead. have no idea what that could be.

anyway, the pics. they seem a little overexposed or something. it's REALLY bright out and i dunno how to make the pictures better.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

thanks to scott and everyone else here for helping me do this on my own. by the way it took me like 11ty hours to do all that and it still was only kind of a half-assed attempt. i dunno how some of you do this everyday for a living :o

2. Sonar_un

Sonar_un Prowler Orange

looks great!

Yeah.. and whoever said "don't sweat the details".. never did this for a living.

3. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

Very nice! :)

Audi paint is very hard (Spies-Hecker paint) so I don't doubt it took some effort on your part. Just FYI, VM works even better with a polishing pad.

4. V

V Corrupt and Immoral

thanks scott i'll keep that in mind for next time. by the time i got around to applying the vm it was getting close to dusk so i had to work really fast, so i didnt get as much out of it as i could have even with the finishing pad i'm sure. i was actually applying the wax in the dark with my back porch light on :o

5. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

We will all be doing that next week since we go off daylight's saving time on Sunday. :wtc:

6. tommyortom

tommyortom New Member

are you gonna mod yours at all? my buddy has the same car, but its lowered, has some wheels, a borla exhaust sytstem, and a black mesh kamei grille. with just that stuff, i think the car looks AMAZING.

[​IMG]

7. V

V Corrupt and Immoral

i want to. i just got it a few months ago though and right now all my money is tied up in my recent move and getting settled. if i had money, id get black iforged rims, new brakes, painted lowers, change out the front grill and bumper, chip it, swaybar, stiffer suspension, window tint, replace the carbon trim with aluminum...the list goes on...and i don't even really know that much about cars :hsd:

8. RenaultFreak

RenaultFreak OMG