GUN Finally got a real Kobra sight for my AK-47

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Sorny, Mar 1, 2010.

1. Sorny

Sorny New Member

I bought a Kobra red dot a few weeks ago and it turned out to be a chinese clone. The seller didn't know and refunded my money not problem. So I kept searched and now I wanted one more than ever since I thought I already had one. So I find a first gen EKP-1S-03 collimeter red dot for sale with the case, papers, etc. Only thing I don't like about the first gen is that it only has 3 different reticles and the newer model is basically the same except that it two different chevron sights, one with just a chevron and another with a dot on top of the ^

But it was a good deal and I'll probably use the red dot more than the chevron anyways. And it still has the T-sight. Looks pretty snazzy mounted on my AK I think... still has that clunky old Russian style but tough and really nice. I can't wait to get to shoot with it.

That thing on the end of the sight is a rubber hood to keep the sun out of the glass and I was gonna remove it for the pic but couldn't find a tiny screwdriver nearby.

[​IMG]

2. JP

JP Active Member

what stock/foregrip combo are you running?

tapco?

3. Sorny

Sorny New Member

I bought the gun this way. I'm not sure if it's tapco because I thought all their stuff was kinda tactical with like rails on the foregrip and stuff. This is shaped exactly like the wood furniture but just black plastic/whatever. I like the looks but I really dunno if I like the stock because with the red dot now its even more of just a jaw rest instead of a cheek rest. To see through my lens good my jawbone rests on the top of the stock. It's not too uncomfortable just a little awkward at first and possibly painful to shoot that way... haven't shot it yet with the red dot on it so I dunno how that'll be.

4. smartypants

smartypants New Member

shooting an AK with an optical sight is significantly different that shooting an AR.
    Lock that shit in and you'll be fine

5. Sorny

Sorny New Member

The AK seems so violent when shooting it I was afraid it'd crack me good in the jaw when I shot it. When I first shot this AK I thought it was really good kick good and it seemed like it did but when watching my friends shoot it I noticed it barely moves.