A&P Finally got a cool looking macro!!

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by 95vr4, Mar 28, 2005.

1. 95vr4

95vr4 OT Supporter

I was at Chic-Fil-A messing around and I noticed this cool looking flower. Critique Please :x: . I'm a photographer as of about two months and not much of one at that :)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. 95vr4

95vr4 OT Supporter

Yea I know, my friends were all leaving and wondering what the hell I was doing so I snapped it real quick :). I used MF mode where you can adjust the distance instead of normal Macro. Do you know what the difference is? It's a Canon a95...just got it and I don't really know what I'm doing.

3. eof

eof New Member

white balance > you

4. 95vr4

95vr4 OT Supporter

Probably so....explain please :wiggle:

5. eof

eof New Member

The petals on the flower appear redish gray instead of white...that is caused mostly by the type of lighting you are using for that picture. You can set the whitebalance on most cameras or let the camera select it automaticly for you. It is too late for that now that the picture is taken so you can do it in photoshop.

Try opening it and going to levels.... then you have three eye droppers in the bottom right corner of the dialog. You will want to click the left most and pick a gather with the dropper from a place in the photo that you want to appear black. Then you will select the right most dropper and pick a part of the photo you want to be white (a part of the flower). Then the middle dropper is for the grey point...this is the toughest to find. You will want to click around until you find the grey point that makes your picture look the best...

6. 95vr4

95vr4 OT Supporter

Like this? I just did auto levels and auto color balance. It's a Canon A95 and I'm just learning how to use it. I put it in Av mode because that will let you put it in MF instead of just Macro mode and you can change the distance, although I'm not real sure what that means :confused:. Does that turn off the White Balance?

[​IMG]

7. Nick

Nick Guest

Av is aperture priority mode, meaning you manually set the aperture and the camera determines the shutter speed automatically for proper exposure. This allows you to choose the aperture setting you want to get the right depth of field. If you want to use manual focus without manually setting the aperture or shutter speed, you can set the camera in Program mode (P). Shooting modes (Auto, Av, Tv, P, M) have no effect on white balance. There's a separate white balance menu on the a95 but I don't remember how to set it, I haven't used one of those cameras in a while.

8. SpiderOnTheFloor

SpiderOnTheFloor New Member

second one looks sooooo much better..its amazing what color can do to a picture