Finally getting PC and supplies

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by autox, Mar 25, 2006.

1. autox

autox OT Supporter

I finally have the money to get the detailing supplies that I need, I got this gift certificate to giftcertificates.com, so I am limited to where I can use it. I can't really afford the supplies with cash right now, so this is my only choce. The good thing is that autogeek.net sells their stuff through amazon, so I can purchase pretty much anything they carry on their site, through amazon.
    I was looking at this: http://autogeek.net/wolfgang-porter-cable-swirl-remover.html I've read a lot of good stuff about the wolfgang products. Thats pretty much all I can spend though. The only other thing I would buy is a clay bar,and I'd be all set from there.
    Any thoughts? I would be willing to buy all separate products if it means I would have better results, but the catch is that it all has to be from autogeek.

I basically need the:

PC 7424, backing plate, and pads
    polish
    sealant
    maybe a wax to go over the sealant

Thanks for your help :big grin:

2. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

Actually, I'd go with this kit:

http://autogeek.net/optimum-porter-cable-kit.html

Optimum polishes are top notch and the spray wax is suprisingly durable.

Since it is $30 less, you can get a decent paste wax like Poorboy's Natty's Blue or DP's Max Wax to use over the Optimum Car Wax.

3. autox

autox OT Supporter

:cool: comes with clay too, so that saves me another 12 bucks. You think I'm better off uding nattys blue or dp's wax over something like the wolfgang sealant? I like how long the sealant lasts, I've never used one though.

4. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

Optimum Car Wax alone is good for at least a few months, Natty's Blue beads for 3 months. Haven't used Max Wax but I hear great things about it on Autopia.

Wolfgang is a great looking sealant but I'd only expect 3 months durability with it.

Suggestion with Optimum Polish-remove the residue with Optimum Car Wax, saves you a step.

5. autox

autox OT Supporter

:cool: Thanks man