Finally getting Linux again...

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Clarity, Aug 9, 2006.

1. Clarity

Clarity New Member

At the beginning of summer, I was running linux on my old dell box. In april, I built my first self-built computer. Unfortunately, the sound card didn't support linux. however, at that time, i was using my computer only to play games. now that school's starting, i'm going to install linux, and dual boot windows for music. Currently, i'm downloading the 64 bit version of archlinux. i used arch on my old rig, and it was easy to setup and config after i read their wikis (damn you raminitfs). I was wondering what kind of performance i'd get on a 64bit linux? i know windows 64bit isn't the greatest... also, should i ever move to gentoo? it's all the rave, but arch is doing good for me.

EDIT - how does overclocking go in linux? i'll have to get the crappy ati linux drivers... my cpu is bios clocked, so that's good, but i will need to do some googling for a cpu monitor.

2. Clarity

Clarity New Member

update: fucking arch linux's grub was a faggot to config to boot windows. i have a sata drive it doesn't like. i just finished backing up all the data i managed to salvage out of a parition that got fucked up. time to zero-fill the drive for a complete reformat.

3. Madman™

Madman™ Guest

shut up cock flute, you failed.

go back to your vista.
    :fawk:

4. RiSk

RiSk New Member

Why dont you try unbuntu its like Linux for retards..... I hear it works great.

5. Harry Caray

Harry Caray Fine purveyor of x.264, h.264 & TS HD-Video !!! HD

init 6 yourself