GUN Finally found me an AR-15 / Took NRA pistol class v. pics

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by halflife78, Dec 12, 2008.

1. halflife78

halflife78 OT Supporter

So after looking for awhile I finally found me a damn AR-15, ended up getting the following:
    DSC STAR EM-4 Carbine Rifle
    Chrome lined barrel
    1x9 twist
    YHM Light Weight Free Float 4 Rail Forearms with ergogrip rail covers.
    YHM Forearm End Cap
    Tapco finger groove forend grip

I have 5 PMAG's on the way.
    I also have an M3 clone with cantilever mount and 3x magnifier with QD mount on the way. Clone is 99% parallax free, water proof, nitrogen purged, and fogproof. (I know it's a clone, but both the clone and magnifier were $160 combined and every single review from people who bought them were excellent:mamoru:)

Me and the wife also took the NRA beginners pistol class she wanted since I got her the FN 57. We found out in the class she was left eye dominant, so she changed to shooting left handed after ALWAYS shooting right handed and ended up shooting better than she ever has.

Anyway, pics below of the new gun and the NRA certificate...which now allows us to get a non-resident Florida FL:noes::noes:.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. HorseDick

HorseDick Active Member

Just took my course this past weekend, totally worth the $40. I'm submitting my application and everything either Saturday or Monday, let's see who gets their CWP first. :cool:

3. halflife78

halflife78 OT Supporter

I have to figure out how to do a non-resident application first.:o

4. Paul Revere

Paul Revere OT Supporter

:cool:

in unrelated news, i've taken the first steps shotgun twice, pistol twice, and rifle once :mamoru:

5. xpinchx

xpinchx hes got a nice cock, on the thin side but its stil

The NRA course you take in MI is pretty cool, it's called like self defense in the home or something. Learned a lot of good info about the law, being prepared. During the shooting I got a lot of good practice shooting from various positions and whatnot. Also a good beginning tutorial on mindset.

6. halflife78

halflife78 OT Supporter

Me and the wife are taking the home defense course and the carbine course in 2009 hopefully.:x:

7. halflife78

halflife78 OT Supporter

Oh yea, we went to the range right after the pistol class and my friend has his .22 rifle with a cheap scope out and the wife shot it....at 100 yards she put 5 shots in a quarter....so now I have to buy her a Savage Arms 17 hmr to play with since I am getting the FN AR eventually.