Finally found a GOOD wireless mouse.

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Skoles, Jan 21, 2006.

1. Skoles

Skoles Guest

And no, it's not the MX1000. I tried that and it's too bulky. I needed something fairly small that could be easily whipped around, wireless so I didn't have a cluttered desk and PRECISE for doing graphic work.

In comes the Logitech LX7. The one I grabbed was $45 @ BestBuy and has a nice glossy black & deep blue finish compared to the picture. Bonus for it having the thumbdrive sized reciever so I just plug it into the keyboard.

It's as silky smooth as a wired mouse and very responsive, especially compared to that Kensington I had.

2. manchild

manchild OT Supporter

does it use 2.4GHz, or what freguency does it use? If its 2.4 it'll interfer with wireless networking. I was looking at the one advertised below (the L7 or something) and it says it uses 2.4Ghz...

Just wondering. My laptop doesnt have bluetooth, so that sorta limits my options. Sounds like a good mouse.

3. manchild

manchild OT Supporter

Have you tried programing the buttons? Was it easy?

4. Skoles

Skoles Guest

Doesn't say the frequency anywhere so I'm assuming it doesn't since they appear to tote it as a feature on the G7 mouse.

The programming was pretty easy but took some trial & error setting up the scroll-wheel click to open/close browser tabs. If you ever get one it's "Advanced Click", "Single-Click" type with the "Command" modifier and "Button 3" in the dropdown.

I set the "Forward" button to open Dashboard and the back still does back for now. The side-scroll feature is pretty slow, not sure if you can speed up just that & not scroll speed in general.

5. OGRepost

OGRepost Guest

hey i have a question, that mini-reciever.. is can that be used for all logitech mice or that one in specific.. id love to just get a mini-reciever like that for my mx1000

6. Rev. Johnny Vegas

Rev. Johnny Vegas Rectal Ventriloquist

That's a good question actually. Somehow I doubt it but it would be cool as hell to know.

I've got a portable Logitech mouse with a tiny one but my other wireless mice are all Bluetooth, so its useless to try.

7. OGRepost

OGRepost Guest

nope, not tht i kno, i tried for a good while with my mx and i couldn't figure it out.. im thinking maybe a 3rd party usb app.. i know there is one out there that is really popular but can't think of it. the app controlls all usb devices and programs buttons, and im wondering if that might have the option... gl. plz post in here if you figure out how too. :)

8. OGRepost

OGRepost Guest

yah i really like the mx1000, espc since at school when i am just surfin (forums) and using adium.. having expose, foward, back and all is nice at your fingertips.. but it sux that my powerbook now looks messy with the wires, i was used to just the power cord...

mind telling me what B/T mouse you have? i tried searching for a good one, in the end just went with the mx1000.

9. Skoles

Skoles Guest

I'm sure it comes tuned to that mouse with a few channels to work with. I can't imagine the havoc that would be had if you had a room full of these and that just by hitting the "reconnect" button jumps you to someone elses computer.

10. Rev. Johnny Vegas

For my PowerBook I use a Logitech MX900. I love it because I don't have to use any receiver etc. with it, just the PB's built in Bluetooth as the receiver. For my desktop I've got an aging M$ Bluetooth keyboard and mouse setup.

11. OGRepost

OGRepost Guest

Wow that mouse is awsome, it comes with a rechargable battery too.. argh i wish i did some more research..cos that mouse wasnt on logitech.com or w.e.. :wtc: i like my mx1000 and all, but just hate how i need to connect it to my powerbook..

12. moses

moses OMGWTFBBQ

is th 900 still available? I bought the 1000 last night and i'm using it on my windows desktop.

btw, does anyone know the mx1000/firefox fix to make the back and forward buttons work?

13. Rev. Johnny Vegas

It looks like Logitech discontinued the MX900 but there are a lot of them for sale on eBay.

14. moses

moses OMGWTFBBQ

does it need the base to work with the powerbook?