MIL finally finished at MEPs...

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by NisAznMonk, Nov 25, 2005.

1. NisAznMonk

NisAznMonk New Member

I think?

Took my asvab (got an 88), finished my physical, and failed the D-LAb (86 :( )

I wanted to do Missile And Space Systems Maintenance Apprentice, Munitions Systems Apprentice or Nuclear Weapons Apprentice but I failed part B on the depth perception test :wtc:

Can someone crosstrain into those fields? When can you crosstrain? The main reason I wanted to join the airforce was to play with bombs :sadwavey:

Also, I've been looking into more electronic jobs on www.airforce.com and lots of them seem to interest me a bit. Is it too late to add a job (or several jobs)?

2. NisAznMonk

NisAznMonk New Member

Oh yeah, is there an Airforce educational counselor on this forum? I needed to ask a bunch of questions :(

3. SW20 Nick

SW20 Nick my avatar is cuter than urz

do u really have no depth perception? i think u can request to re-take that...i have horrible vocal range (8K+), they said i was 2 clicks away from failing; i asked to retake it but the sgt didnt want me DQd (the one who helps u pick ur jobs)...however if i ever want to be part of a flight crew i have to re-take + pass the hearing test....

but yea...take a look into retaking it...depth perception test was a PITA...i had to sit n really pay attention to which dot was raised the most.

4. NisAznMonk

NisAznMonk New Member

do you think i could take it when i go back to meps in a few months? i'm in dep now, and i've been told i ahve to go through the entire LONG process agian the day before i ship out. I know what i did wrong on the depth perception test, and it wasn't because i couldn't see the raised circles.

5. SW20 Nick

SW20 Nick my avatar is cuter than urz

when ur in in u can ask to retake it at the medical facility in ur base (i believe)

but b4 u go to ur 2nd official MEPS trip....maybe try asking ur recruiter, see what he has to say.