Finally detailed a car other than my regular customers

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by gandhibrokemyskates, Aug 7, 2005.

1. gandhibrokemyskates

gandhibrokemyskates slangin beer

Before:
    [​IMG]
    After:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This car was filthy! Apparently it spent quite some time in a body shop and who ever was working on it buffed/sanded it and didn't finish the job right. After using an aggressive cleaner polish and an another less aggressive polish, there was a ton of dead paint on my pads! The IS300 looks so much better now! :eek3d:

DACP

2. nicklol

nicklol Nu OT Supporter

#16 looks pretty sexay :eek3:

single stage paint?

EDIT
    i just noticed the c-west front end, :eek3:

3. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

#16 on black is pretty incredible. Hard to believe you can get such excellent results from a $12 wax that has been around since 1953. :)

4. Robb

Robb Guest

looks incredible, id love to get my hands on a black car to play w/

5. pLaYIstIcPimP

pLaYIstIcPimP New Member

i'll loan you mine. it needs serious work ;)

6. Danny271

Danny271 New Member

Hey,

I have a IS300...and I'm on is300.net. That guy posted a few weeks ago that he got his car out of the body shop. He got the cwest kit put on, and retrofitted the stock grille. I have the same body-kit, except my car is intense blue pearl. I also use #16 paste wax...and I LOVE IT, although p21S isn't bad on black either. But I feel that #16 is more durable. Both have their ups and their downs, p21S doesn't stain plastic trim, ie. BMW's. I'll post pictures up in the next week of my car, it has had both p21S and #16 put on in the last month or so.

BTW...Nice job, I have personally worked on a few other black is300's, and because it is a single stage paint with clearcoat mixed in with the color, it is a pain to be flawless with. Kudo's to you.

Dan