GUN Finally can get my LTC.. can ya help a newb out?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by redfred18t, Sep 3, 2008.

1. redfred18t

redfred18t New Member

Ok guys and gals, starting tomorrow I will be able to apply for my License To Carry in MA (I know, MA is :mamoru: :greddy:)

Anyways, I'm just looking for some suggestions for some fine firearms. There is an approved roster list so basically I can only purchase weapons from that list as far as I know.

http://www.mass.gov/Eeops/docs/chsb/firearms/Approved%20_Firearms_Roster_08_2008.pdf

I'll be honest with you guys.. I have a hard on for tacticool. Anyways, I was thinking either a glock or a Walther p99. I am thinking of 9mm and I was looking for something small and somewhat compact. (will most likely carry concealed). Also Smith and Wesson is literally 5 minutes away so I'm keeping that in mind. And if I could get something in Olive Drab, I'd be like :wackit:

Now, what would your suggestions be (especially for glock, there are so many models to choose from)? Also, I'd like something accurate, sturdy, and resilient and I do know Glocks can handle the abuse. If everything goes through well I'd like to pick something up by the end of the year. It takes a couple weeks for the permit to go through and I have to be approved by my city's police chief. I heard my town is tough to get it (Chicopee for those of you from MA). My dad has a permit, but this was over 30 years ago.

Thanks Guys :bigthumb:

2. Glock. If you really want a 9mm, fire all of the Glock 9mms at a range and choose the one you like best. If you can be persuaded away from a 9mm, then get a G29.

3. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

I believe you can buy used guns that were in MA before whatever crappy law that is was passed. They of course sell for more.

There's not much to say other than to find a range that rents gun and handle and shoot as many as you can. Any of the common choices are going to be more accurate than you are, sturdy, etc.

Smaller guns are nice but they are also harder to shoot well. I have a P99 and P99c and like them both but you won't know until you shoot them.

I love 10mm but disagree :big grin:

4. yar1182

yar1182 New Member

glock 19

5. JaimeZX

JaimeZX Formerly of :Sep 2001: fame - Also: Sprout Crew OT Supporter

That's a fairly comprehensive list; except for no Colt and no Springfield. :wtf:

6. redfred18t

redfred18t New Member

Well I know Smith and Wesson has a range and you can rent guns to try them out, although I believe all they carry is S&W products. They may carry Walther but I dont remember (this was about 2-3 years ago)

7. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

S&W is the current importer of walther products so they very well might.

8. I love my little G29. Actually, I'd prefer a smaller gun for summer carry when I'm wearing lighter clothes, something like a 642 would be great. But in the colder months when I'm wearing a jacket or sweater, the G29 is perfect. :)

9. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

No doubt but the guy likely isn't a reloader and you've gotta be for 10mm.

10. redfred18t

redfred18t New Member

Yeah I know, my friend works there (sells guns to PD and other clients on the west coast) and he gave me the heads up on Walther a while back. I just dont remember if they had them up for rent when I went to the range a couple years back.