finally broke out the Ninja today

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by AVengeance, Mar 30, 2010.

1. AVengeance

AVengeance Active Member

Ah, finally warm enough to want to RIDE to work. Still a bit cool this morning, but not so bad.

Bike started right up, since I started it a couple times a month over the winter, put Sta-Bil in the tank, and gave the battery a few trickle charges when it had been awhile. Now I just need to burn through last fall's fuel and put in a fresh tank.

And time to pick up where I left off with the mods, and see if I can get to 100mpg. Will bring back the "100mpg quest" thread when there's something new to report. Honestly, though, I don't think I'm gonna make it. Even my wife's Eliminator 125 doesn't get 100mpg. Maybe if I could ride 45mph all the way to work, but I think I'd get my ass run over.

Anyone else breaking their bikes out for the spring yet?

2. mild83

mild83 New Member

Took mine out 4 weeks ago. Just sucks that we tend to have quite a bit of rain the spring. But still ride to work everyday that I can. Honda 929 check-in, lol.

3. AVengeance

AVengeance Active Member

I actually have been riding my wife's Eliminator 125 for a few weeks now, off-and-on. I put some airdams (dunno what else to call them) on the forks to deflect air, and with those and the windscreen, it's slightly warmer to ride than the Ninja. 35° isn't so bad standing still. At 55mph, it's just damn cold.
    Tomorrow's supposed to flirt with the 80s. Woo hoo!

4. GammaRadiation

GammaRadiation Active Member

5. c0ldf1ame

c0ldf1ame New Member

that looks like they squished an audi r8 lol

6. AVengeance

AVengeance Active Member

I wonder how much lift it has during high speed cornering. There's a reason dustbin fairings we're disallowed from racing in the '50s.

I like how it looks so aerodynamically perfect... then has a bigass pipe sticking out the side. Like, hmm, we forgot this wasn't electric, where do we put the muffler?

7. GammaRadiation

GammaRadiation Active Member

I think it'd have to be stabilized by a gyro and thus would be able to reduce lean at high speeds while staying upright. If you could just have a fairing that goes around your legs and midsection that was open on the bottom and top it would help some. In full tuck you'd be really aerodynamic compared to regular bike fairings. You'd look BA too. Too bad when people ask you you'd tell 'em it's a 250 and its for MPG, not speed. haha

8. AVengeance

AVengeance Active Member

:mamoru:
    Nah, I'll tell them I'm prototyping the new TRON lightcycle.
    :x:

9. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

Just talked this over with my coworker who rides a motorcycle. Between the two of us, we figured out it would need to have a gyro that spins in the same direction as the wheels (to avoid cancelling out the gyroscopic action of the wheels while moving), but which slows down when the bike speeds up (to make turning easier) and speeds up when the bike slows down (to keep the bike from falling over at stoplights).

10. Insert Tokens

Insert Tokens Making Cancer My Bitch OT Supporter

What's "winter"? ;)