Final round (14) of WRC (Great Britain)

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by Guido The Penguin, Nov 6, 2001.

1. Guido The Penguin

Guido The Penguin Hi, I'm here for the gang bang.

42, 41, 40.

Thats how tight the championship is now. C. McRae with 42, Makkinen with 41, and Burns with 40.

This sets up what could end up being a downright spectacular showdown in the forests of Wales much like 98 with Sainz and Makinen dragging car body parts through the roads to try to finish with neither being able to.

If any of the three wins, they're world rally champion. If all three end in a tie in points, McRae would become champion by virtue of finishes (more 2nds)

Burns again looks to be the favorite, having won the event three times in a row, two of which in a Subaru Impreza.

So whats your pics for Rally GB?

2. kokujin

kokujin Guest

If his mechanicals stay solid - I gotta go w/ Colin. I used to be mildly Anti-Colin, since he was such the GB hero, but not Driver's champ since '95 (like a WRC title is anything to take lightly). But his performance this year, especially, is first-rate. I see Burns choking, Tommi's car either breaking or just not being well-sorted yet. Colin wants this,and I think he's in a good spot to get it. his performances in Greece and Argentina make me think he's ready for the typical Welsh conditions.

-Although Sainz is really the man.

3. Guido The Penguin

I find it funny that Gronholm said he thinks Burns will win it.

Course I'm sure some of that is so Peugeot will keep the #1 and 2 on the sides of their car.

4. Guido The Penguin

Well, talk about a dramatic turn, McRae and Tommi both crash out during the 1st day, leaving Burns only needing to come home in 4th or better to win the championship, and right now after day 1, he's in 2nd place behind Gronholm.

Somehow, I think it will happen.

The fact they're are factory Peugeots all around him, and the fact he's going to Peugeot next year, I'm sure Peugeot is already thinking about how to keep that #1 on the side of their cars.