Final cut express and livetype laggy

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Budha, Apr 6, 2008.

1. Budha

Budha Guest

Hey guys,

I just acquired FCE 4 and I'm just playing around with it and I've found that it is pretty laggy once you throw a few videos in there and mess around with them.
    Livetype is also really laggy when you use the big templates. I thought a macbook pro could handle a program like this easily so I'm a bit dumbfounded.

I dont see why this is happening because I have a C2D 2.2 MBP w/ 128vram and 4 gigs or RAM. Does anyone else have this problem. This is also being used on my 5400rpm hd, I haven't gotten an external scratch disc yet, so IDK if that has something to do with it either.

Thanks

2. rosencrantz

rosencrantz New Member

you should always use a hd that runs @ 7200 when using video. that could lead to some lag cause it is not able to read the video that fast.

3. Raider007

Raider007 om nom nom nom

it's your harddrive.
    having your scratch disc on your primary drive + 5400 rpm drive = slow

4. Budha

Budha Guest

Thanks guys... I'm also learning about rendering. I used vegas 6 for ages and I never had to really render the same way I do on FC.

Raider, btw, I already got that pic you gave me of that girl, but what is her name? I've developed quite a following in class from guys that sit behind me and see her on my mbp desktop.

Is firewire 800 drive enough, or should I spend the extra money on one of those esata 34 adapters.

5. Raider007

Raider007 om nom nom nom

no clue who the chick is, although if i remember correctly, she is a dj...

firewire 400 will be enough.