Films you are looking forward to for 2004

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Loranth, Jan 5, 2004.

1. Loranth

Loranth New Member

So what films does everyone think'll actually be good in the coming year?
    2003 was truly a wonderful year for film and will likely not be matched for some time. However, there are a few up coming which I think will be good.
    The move I'm most definitly most looking forward to is Kill Bill Volume 2. The first was just phenomenal and since they were originally a single film I have no reason to think that the second one will not also be great.
    Next is Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow. As much as I don't like Angelina Jolie (though, luckily, from what I hear she's only in it for about twenty-five minutes) I think this move has amazing potential. This will be good if and only if they don't try to make it into too serious of a film . I'm sure its going to be cliche ridden and extremely cheesy at parts, but that's ok. Its susposed to be the 1930s version of the future, and we all know how accurate they were. :)
    Next is Troy. The trailer makes this look like it will be next years great epic film, nearly on the scale of Lord of the Rings, however its kind of hard to make any sort of judgment at this point. There's also a movie based on Alexander the Great within the next year but I have seen absolutly nothing on that.
    Finally there's Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. It looks like it may be the first Jim Carrey movie that I'll actually enjoy.
    So what's everyone elses picks for films with potential in 2004?

2. Sadly I'm looking forward to Kevin Smith's "Jersey Girl". Despite Jennifer Lopez being in the movie. Although I hear she's only in it for about 20 minutes so I still have some hope. Too bad Ben Affleck took a huge nosedive since the Mallrats days. Not that he was an Oscar-caliber actor back then but at least he wasn't as pretentious as he is now.

I'm also looking forward to "Club Dread" just because its written and directed by the guy that wrote and directed SuperTroopers.

Also I can't wait until "Palindromes" comes out. I haven't really heard anything about it but the fact that its written and directed by Todd Solondz (Happiness, Welcome To The Dollhouse, Storytelling) makes me think that its gonna be good.

In the more immediate future, I will definitly be going to see the new Tim Robbins movie "Big Fish" when it finally opens nationwide.

3. Loranth

Loranth New Member

I actually saw Big Fish yesterday. It was really good, not as dark as other stuff Tim Burton has done.

4. Joe_Cool

Joe_Cool Never trust a woman or a government. Moderator

I, Robot. Even though it sounds like a departure from the book, it has the potential to be really good if done in the same spirit.

The Passion. Lots of controversy, but the trailer was gripping. I can't wait.

Troy. Looks very good, plus Boromir and Legolas are in it, and both have done pretty well in big action movies recently.

Even though it has The Rock in it, the Walking Tall remake could be good.

And that's it so far.

5. RokeePower

RokeePower Guest

The Village, M Night Shyamalan, nuff said.
    Harry Potter 3, This is were the the story starts to turn dark, mix that with new director and could make for great movie.
    Miracle, What can I say, I like feel good movies.
    Lady Killers, Hanks teams up with Coen brothers (O brother were art thou)= good movie.

6. Damn it. I forgot The Village and Miracle before. Thanks for reminding me.

Miracle looks awesome. I mean, its the best sports story in the history of American sports plain and simple. Not to mention one of the biggest upsets in sports and it had huge political symbolism.

7. Blood Moon

Blood Moon Guest

Hellboy, Blade:Trinity, Kil Bill vol.2, Spider-Man 2 are the ones i am expecting to see.:Ownedd:

8. Blood Moon

Blood Moon Guest

You are a fan of asian cinema? Have you seen Sympathy for Mr. vengeance, Public Enemy, Phone, The Eye, The Twins Effect, Killer Tattoo Hero, Dead or Alive trilogy, New Blood, My Wife is gangster and Samurai Fiction?

9. bing

bing Guest

anchorman

10. Chi_623

Chi_623 New Member

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban.

11. Everett

Everett New Member

:werd:

12. Grizabella

Grizabella Guest

Right now, Along Came Polly. Going to see it tonight.

13. Discrepancy

Discrepancy Guest

Troy.

Also King Arthur and Tulip Fever because of Keira Knightley.

14. Loranth

Loranth New Member

King Arthur is the one movie I want to be great, but know that its going to be horrible. They are trying to do it as a "historical" film, set when the British were rebelling against the Romans.

15. Discrepancy

Discrepancy Guest

I don't see why it would be horrible. It doesn't look all that bad.

Mind you, I don't really give a shit if it's bad or not, i'm just willing to spend $8 to see Keira Knightley on a large screen.

16. SS109

SS109 3100 FPS OT Supporter

1) Kill Bill II (A-)
    2) Dawn of The Dead, the remake (B+, especially the beginning.)
    3) Sky Captain (C+)

Last edited: Aug 24, 2006
  17. I'm actually looking forward to The Butterfly Effect. I know it has Ashton Kutcher in it, but the premise actually looks kinda interesting. Dunno. Just interested in seeing what everyone else thinks.

18. Faygo

Faygo Got any room in your pocket for a little spare Cha

I want to see both of those.

19. G-man

G-man Well-Known Member

Meet the Fockers comes out in December I think, hope it's good.

20. Mizzark

Mizzark OT Supporter

I'm in the Jersey Girl crowd. Kevin Smith is great.

21. Lord Quas

Lord Quas New Member

10. Club Dread
    09. Anchorman
    08. The Manchurian Candidate
    07. The Aviator
    06. Glamorama (I pray it comes out this year...probably won't be until next year, if at all) , so I will have to settle for Glitterati
    05. Lady Killers
    04-01. KILL BILL VOLUME II (I mean...I'll see it at least four times, if not more)

I dunno about Jersey Girl...I love Kevin Smith, but how much of the humor of his past films will be in this one?

22. clever_username

clever_username Active Member

dude, you just bumped a 2 1/2 year old thread.:ugh:

23. Nick Gerz

Nick Gerz OT Supporter

24. clever_username

clever_username Active Member

thems fightin words! [breaks bottle]

25. SS109

SS109 3100 FPS OT Supporter

Hopefully 2007 will be better.