A&P Film I found around the house.

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by eighteen_psi, Jan 9, 2004.

1. eighteen_psi

eighteen_psi Active Member

I rent a room in a house with a few other guys. I found a few rolls of film lying around my room behind a couple shelves that are built in. Anyway, I asked around and no one, including the landlady, has any idea whose they are so they're mine now. There's 3 rolls of exposed Fuji Superia 400 (24 exposure), a roll of Kodak Max 400 (36) and 3 unused rolls.

The first was a 12 exposure roll of Kodak Max (well eh...its free, whatever). I also have 2 20 exposure rolls of Seattle Filmworks 400 "professional color film" that says process "SFW-XL." WTF is this? Google nets nothing of value..its this really nice film or really crappy film? Their web site is gone too...can I get this processed anywhere?

It'll be interesting to see what's on the superia

:)

EDIT: Pic of film [​IMG]

2. 420am

420am OT Supporter

My wife says that the Seattle filmworks stuff is a deal you can (could) sign up for. She used it when she was a kid. They send you film and prints for life after you sign up. So basically you'd get your first couple of rolls, you take the pics and send them the exposed film. Then they send you the developed photos and a new roll of flim. And so on and so on. Supposedly no one but Seattle Film works can develop the film though. No idea if it's still around or not though.

3. eleuthardt

eleuthardt Guest

They are still around kind of. Ritz and Wolf locations can also process the film but it is bulk loaded video stock, not standard 35mm film. It is cheap for a reason. You can use it, but the photos don't hold up, don't always come out, and look like crap when they do. Use for fun, not anything you really want to keep.

4. ProgWRX

ProgWRX Citizen Dildo

i bet there is questionable material on the exposed rolls of film!
    careful what you do with it, if you take it somewhere to get it developed!

5. eighteen_psi

eighteen_psi Active Member

I assumed based on the packaging and fact that I'd never heard of it that it was either great stuff or garbage...usually the case with stuff like this.

As far as the superia and the max....who know's whats on it. I'm almost afraid to take it to my guy (does negatives free for me) for fear of what he'll think if there's something shady on there heh....oh well. It's worth doing for free I suppose anyway since there might be something cool.

6. Jcolman

Jcolman OT Supporter

Correction. It is film, not video stock. You cannot use videotape in a 35mm film camera. The film is bulk loaded but it's the same 35mm film that professionals use. I wouldn't hesitate to use it for fun stuff, but film deteriotes with age, especially heat and moisture.

7. ProgWRX

ProgWRX Citizen Dildo

18PSi : take it to your "guy" and explain the situation for him. Maybe you can tell him that if he finds something shady, that he destroy it instantly or something like that. (to keep your involvement as minor as possible?)