Filling in the gap

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Handsom3, Aug 12, 2008.

1. Handsom3

Handsom3 Our wrongs remain unrectified and our souls won't

I just got out of a serious relationship that ended badly, but deep down inside I think that I really still lover her. I've accepted that no matter how much time she needs to "think" that she won't come back and if she does I won't be happy with the situation. I know that I miss her, but I think that is becoming less and less of a thing. I just really miss the routine that I had with her and I am looking to replace it.

Does anyone have any advice on how to keep her out of my mind? I mean I've literally started going to bed at 9 p.m. which I haven't done since grade school, but I just run out of things to do. Right now I am in the last two months of school and have a ton of homework, but that doesn't even keep me busy. Any advice would be awesome and appreciated.

:sadwavey:

2. ww_Crimson

ww_Crimson New Member

Plenty of threads on this topic.

She isn't going to just go away, you'll have to cope with it for a while. Get rid of things that bring up memories of her. Get rid of her email/phone/facebook/myspace.

Go out with friends, talk to new girls, indulge in a hobby, etc.

3. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

4. Handsom3

Wirelessly posted via wap.offtopic.com (Motorola Q: Mozilla/4.0 Sprint:MotoQ (compatible; MSIE 4.01; Windows CE; Smartphone; 176x220))

I know, I know. I just find it easier to deal with if I talk about it when I can't get my mind off of it. Thanks fr helping me through this, it has helped tons.

5. XxvODvxX

XxvODvxX New Member

I'm with Crimson... Lose everything that reminds you of her and replace it with something else... GL

6. Vysion

Vysion New Member

Talking about it will keep it on your mind.

We all love our ex's. That's why we were with them in the first place. But at some point either one of, or both decided that it just wont work in the long term. So we have to move on. All this time you have been putting her first. Now without her you don't know what to do. You need to put yourself first. Once you do you wont have any trouble moving on and forgetting about her.

7. Ari1979

Ari1979 New Member

Guess what! We're in the exact same position... Me and my ex of 3+ years ended things last week and I miss our routine far more than I do her. I probably spent an average of 3 hours with her a day, possibly more, so this is a big change for me.

I've been trying to keep as busy as possible. Playing sports, working, working out, going to bars/clubs, xbox 360, etc. etc. The only times i really think about her is when I have nothing else to do and those parts are tough.

I was not happy in my relationship, me and my love were not compatible, we screamed at each other almost every day... i need to get this shit through my head :hs:

8. Vysion

Vysion New Member

Wait? You missed the 'routine' of screaming at someone everyday?
    I just don't understand why people stay in bad relationships.

9. MIK3

MIK3 New Member

everyone needs to vent on this when it happens to them, even when we know the answer! even in good or bad relationships.

your best bet is hang out with your friends as much as you can when your not doing homeworok, and when they arent around, you need to get a hobby.

just stay busy

10. Handsom3

Deleted all of her pictures, cleared out all of my text messages, blocked on everything I could block her on. Now if only I didn't have to see her at work, but hopefully I'll be out of there in two months now.

11. tubachris85x

tubachris85x New Member

Just went throught the same thing man. Fucking sucks, your going to have that gut "butterflies" feeling for awhile, no matter how much you dont think about it, at least, I did. Just keep busy with other things. Christ, that sucks having to see her at work.

Last time I saw my ex in person was 2 months before she left me over the phone..

12. Vysion

Vysion New Member

That's why people warn against dating co-workers. But our little brains overpower our bigger ones.

13. alo816

alo816 New Member

Go workout, go out with friends, work, listen to music, do whatever you can. I went through the same thing a year ago, and it hurts. You need to live for yourself now. Get your confidence back, and become independent.

14. Problematique

Problematique New Member

I worked with my ex for 2 months after he left me for a coworker. It's hard, really hard, but you just have to be strong.

The worst part for me was that he kept picking fights with me every time we passed each other, kept making accusations. So my advice to you would just to stay strong, be the bigger person and concentrate on your own health.

And try and get out of there. I left to travel for 3 months, and it changed my life. Don't make yourself suffer any more than you have to because truth be told, feelings of resentment, old lust, longing, loneliness all linger long after the initial hurt and rage. You don't want to be around her all the time, if you are going to experience them :hs:

15. Ari1979

Ari1979 New Member

I might have exaggerated a little bit but I do miss my sour relationship for all the obvious reasons: the brief nice periods we spent together, safety, security, etc.

Ugh i've been feeling weak lately, i know that she's probably been crying in her room every night and that breaks my heart. I've had temptations to call her or show up at her house just to check on her, make sure she's ok :hs:

16. Handsom3

Yeah, oh well lesson learned. I switched myself to days now, so it shouldn't be a problem, plus everyone at work is upset with her. My good friend and I are going out this weekend, plus I'm hanging out with some good female friends over the weekend too.