MMA Filho - Dana White is scared, etc.

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by Atmosphere, Jun 28, 2007.

1. Atmosphere

Atmosphere PURPLE DREAM

roughly translated:

Source: World Fight

[​IMG]

Paulo Filho will be fighting Joe Doerksen on August 5 in WEC for the MW title belt. The most interesting thing is that Paulo will keep fighting in PRIDE, cause dana White doesn´t think he is "interesting" for the UFC right now. In a brief talk with "big" Paulo, he told us about WEC, UFC and PRIDE FC and denied rumour about him "playing" with Rickson on the ground.

UFC, PRIDE FC and WEC

"Dana White said that I´m not interesting for UFC right now, and that he will keep me in PRIDE. I think that he is scared of me beating all of his athletes, except for Anderson Silva. They want to rebuild Rich Franklin, Yushin Okami sucks and almost caught him, if it was me in that situation, franklin would take a ride (he means that he would play with Franklin like a ragdoll). They don´t like the brazilians, but unfortunately for them, there is no way out, Anderson and I will dominate PRIDE and UFC for a long time."

Joe Doerksen and Paulãos weight problems

"Did he say that he wants to decide the fight standing? OK, that´s what he says, let´s see if he will do it. I can say that I´m blond and have blue eyes, but it is just me saying it. I will answer this in the best way possible, inside the octagon, fighting like I´ve always done. I´m weighting 93 kgs (205 lbs), working to loose some weight. Actualy I´m a heavyweight, for you guys having a idea, despite being 1,73 ms (5'8, my clothes size is 46 and I put on size 44 shoes. I loose a lot of muscle mass to get down on my weight, but I´m OK with it because I don´t have to face friends like Ricardo Arona in LHW division."

Denying rumour about his training with Rickson

"It´s great being able to talk about that, people say a lot of shit, if it came in this way to his ears, he would think bad things about me. Rickson came to help me, we didn´t roll and nobody saw the training. He ajusted my game, like "this is good, this is bad", it was only a tecnichal thing. For example, I took his back and he oriented me in some things that were wrong, when he took my back, I simply couldn´t move."

2. MyLittleAirport

MyLittleAirport OT Supporter

Rickson muthafuckas! :bowdown:

3. chechen

chechen Brazilian Jiu Jitsu OT Supporter

paulao would mount > armbar everyone in ufc :o

4. Bausk

Bausk New Member

That is seriously :eek3: x eleventy

5. Atmosphere

Atmosphere PURPLE DREAM

i'd love to see filho vs. babalu, perhaps at a catch weight :eek3:

6. Bausk

Bausk New Member

Look closely, they are all slightly different patterns.

7. Bausk

Bausk New Member

8. Bausk

Bausk New Member

:hsugh:

9. Kuet

Kuet New Member

while there is no doubt him and arona are masters of control and takedowns, i really dont like either of their styles too much... i take that back i just dont like them as people..
    but i do think with the way the ufc gives points for takedowns and such the ufc should be tailor made for people like them.

10. yawgmoth

yawgmoth nine > ten OT Supporter

This thread made me realize I don't know shit about Filho. I don't even think he's on any of the pride dvds I have or anything. Anyone know which fights of his I should check out first? Or is he like arona, and any of them would be.... boring.

11. chechen

chechen Brazilian Jiu Jitsu OT Supporter

you'd probably find him boring if you find arona boring. i find neither of them real boring to be honest. its not like they sit in the guard and dig their head in the guys chest. they both have great takedowns, and the best guard passing skills in mma.

if you want to see just how tough paulo filho is to shake, watch his fight with misaki

12. apman0000

apman0000 OT Supporter

13. yawgmoth

yawgmoth nine > ten OT Supporter

I'll check it out. and I guess you have a point, it's just the nail in the coffin for me was the second fight with wanderlei, I found that fight aggravating for some reason. Other arona fights weren't' that bad I suppose.

14. Atmosphere

Atmosphere PURPLE DREAM

to me, the difference between arona and filho is that arona actually will stand before attempting a takedown, whereas filho will take you down immediately, and is inevitable. i think that arona is more active than filho, but probably because i don't understand the intricacies of BJJ/wrestling

arona's kicks are underrated

15. raj100

raj100 New Member

I figured Filho wasnt fighting in the UFC because he'd have to fight Silva... If he goes to the WEC he will destroy everyone... I think he is the best fighter at 185. No one can beat him. Unless he is injured, which somehow he always is every fight.

16. Placebo

Placebo New Member

Rickson is an animal

17. Kuet

Kuet New Member

this is becoming a trend now isnt it biatch!!