File Shredder AND File Restore program

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by paul8f, Oct 11, 2008.

1. paul8f

paul8f New Member

Hi all,

I know there are a lot of posts already up about computer programs that permanently delete files, and other posts about software that recovers files deleted from the recycle bin...

BUT.... is there a good utility out there that does both of these functions in one package?

Any suggestions or links welcome.

Thanks,
    Paul :)

2. paul8f

paul8f New Member

No replies for this one...?? From another source, I was advised to check out http://www.tune-up.com.

I was looking for some Freeware, but I'm willing to spend a few quid if the package is good. "Tune Up Utilities 2008" costs US $50, (€37), but I'm trying out a free 30 day trial. Seems OK so far.

"Tune Up Utilities 2008" does electronic file shredding & file recovery, as well as System Performance Improvement & Registry Defrag. It looks good except for the price tag...

(..by the way; I think I know the reason my old software stopped working properly. I lost the full features of MediaRECOVER PRO secure delete and file recovery, as I upgraded from Windows XP to Vista. Following this I was asked to pay my subscription again !!!...)

3. Doomsday

Doomsday XXX

why does it have to be in one package?
    tune up utilities suck or is rather weak

you'd be better off spending money on a good backup solution and just use free ones for shredding and file restore.

re: file shredding
    I recommend Eraser: http://www.heidi.ie/node/6
    it is free and is 11tybillion times more powerful than that of Tune Up Utilities
    it also use dban for whole disk wipe outs

re: file restore/recovery
    for simple goof ups and shit,... since you have Vista,... learn and understand how Vista's Previous Version (Volume Shadow Copy) and System Restore works.
    If vista fails,... just use Undelete Plus, PC Inspector's File recovery, etc.