Figuring out calories

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Epicman, Sep 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Epicman

Epicman Active Member

So it's pretty simple to know the calories of food that has the labels on the back but how do I figure out the calories of a meal I make. For example, chicken breast cooked with soy sauce and mashed potatoes made with milk, cheese, and butter. I'm not asking for the specific calories of those things just wondering how I figure out the calories.

2. Chaotic Reality

Chaotic Reality New Member

Add the nutritional information from all the labels together pretty much. It kinda takes a lot of work but if you eat similar things pretty often then you'll only have to put it all together once. I've gotten plenty of use out of my glass measuring cup that's for sure...I need a scale so I can weigh my chicken. It's pretty much a pain in the ass honestly, but if I don't do it then I won't know how much I'm taking in a day...I slack on the weekends both in keeping track and eating in general and I pay for it when I hit the scale on Monday. :hs:

3. Chaotic Reality

Chaotic Reality New Member

You can log it all at fitday.com (that's what I mean by only having to do it once for foods you eat often)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.