Fighting the Flab

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by angeleyezx, Jan 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. angeleyezx

angeleyezx New Member

Hey, Im new to this sub forum, last year I lost give or take 43lbs slowly by creating a deficit, changing my eating habits and taking on a healthier diet.
    of course over xmas I gained a couple of lbs, but I wanted to originally lose say 10 more lbs, but If I do that I will no longer be able to donate blood(which in the uk u dont get paid for,its a charity thing).
    I realise that Im going to have to exercise to reduce my overall mass and fat ratio without changing my weight,
    But I guess Im just lazy, dont have time, cold and dangerous to jog near my house and its expensive to visit the gym, not to mention incredibly boring for me.
    Does anyone have any ideas and alternatives that would help?
    Thanks for your time

2. MaineSucks

MaineSucks OT Supporter

stickies and archives. less excuses, more work.

3. bryan305

bryan305 Lurker OT Supporter

If that's your attitude, nobody can help you. thanxbye :wavey:

4. angeleyezx

angeleyezx New Member

to an extent you're right Bryan,
    but alot of my excuse is valid, cold/dangerous, expensive, lack of time and the gym is incredibly unmotivatiing for me.
    I do howeva cycle everyday as transport, but as my body is 'used' to that, it doesnt have the impact regular exercise would.

Now what Would be helpful if someone who had previously been in my situation found a way that energised them to the idea, or found certain activities more persuasive to exercise than others, that would be great to hear/be helpful.
    I managed to change my life for the better over last year and make a dramatic result, so I could proberly do it again, but the stuff Ive mentioned hasnt worked for me so far.

5. Marix

Marix OT Supporter

Honestly there's not a whole lot you can do unless you get a gym, sorry. You should be lifting heavy weights and dieting to get rid of the fat.

Cardio isn't strictly essential - you can still lose weight without it. The cycling you do will be fine.

What does you diet look like?

6. angeleyezx

angeleyezx New Member

well pre and and after xmas it varies,
    *cereal for breakfast, like fruit and fiber, Ill have fruit for snack through the day.
    *wholemeal sandwich, (lite mayo, salad & ham or chicken), a low sugar and low fat yogurt and piece of fruit or lowfat choc moose if I have a craving, or for a *treat lunch Ill ahve a toasted bagel with cream cheese,
    *dinner, now Im not so much losing weight I eat a portion of what my mum makes with veggies.

My diet can be difficult as Im working out glitches to maintain and not lose wt.
    at the gym I did find resistance training quite enjoyable, it was the cardio that had me bored out of my skull, getting sweaty, listen to the radio or watching the crap tv programmes.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2007
  7. DatacomGuy

DatacomGuy is moving to Canada

8. jonno

jonno New Member

fucking pics

9. apman0000

apman0000 OT Supporter

as if many enjoy cardio, you either just fucking do it or bitch about how it sux. 1 route leads to losing weight the other leads to being just another fat ass

10. Ceaze

Ceaze https://hearthis.at/DoYouEvenUplift Moderator

Jumping rope, bodyweight circuits

11. apman0000

apman0000 OT Supporter

:ugh: i not only think you won't lose much more weight, im shocked shitless that you lost 40 pounds with all these excuses. Go to gym, work out, less excuses

12. RalphL

RalphL Active Member

And you UKers call Americans fat and lazy :ugh: You dont want to lose weight if you dont want to do the work.

13. Skeletor

Skeletor Guest

bicep curls at the office every hour plus an ab lounge and you can Turn Your Flab to Fab!

14. angeleyezx

angeleyezx New Member

thanks for the ideas from a couple of you.
    I did lose a considerable amount of wt thru creating a calorie deficit and at some stages when I was visiting the gym, carb cycling.
    If you read my 1st two posts I cant lose weight, I dont want to.
    What I was looking for what alternative ideas for exercise.
    lemon, your right, the UK is following the trend of a nation wide obesity crisis, the only difference is that(in London anyways) we walk alot more to get from A to B, unlike any state Ive been to, which is in cars.
    Aim: to reduce my BF%
    I know how I would advise others do this, but with my obstacles I was looking for help.
    Now other responses elsewhere that are helpful are:
    someone to go jogging with to be safer.(the is no one of course,but it was still constructive)
    finding exercise classes that are more structured.
    visit Doctor to have 'prescribed' exercise, so it will be cheaper/free.
    Joining clubs like salsa, boxing or rowing
    swimming

Apeman, Ill put my hands up to it, they are excuses, that's why I said Im lazy right of the bat. but encouragement wouldn't go amiss, and also I wudnt excuse the dangerous thing, knowing me, how stubborn I am If I got into jogging like I think Id like to, I would jog around here, but my excuse isnt unfounded, on and just off of my street where it would be ideal to jog, etc many crimes including murders had taken place. unfortunately I do not live in a very nice area of London :(
    Again, I know your right that a big chunk of my wt is down to muscle loss, which is a shame as I know Im not as 'strong' as I used to be.

I have decided that after the 15th of Jan, my exams will be over and I wont have University for another 15days, Which would be ideal to start a 'habit' of exercising.
    so time will no longer be an issue, what is and will be the major issue is cost.
    If anyone wants to add constructive comments, advice, help, please do so.

Just out of curiousity, how much do gym memberships cost in Texas?

15. DatacomGuy

:rofl::rofl:

What? TX?

16. Marix

Marix OT Supporter

He's going to tell you that gym membership in london is about £35.. or $70 a month.

17. angeleyezx

angeleyezx New Member

London, £25mo for f/t students, but Thats besides the point, I want to move there, hence curiosity.
    she.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2007
  18. ACLdestroyer

ACLdestroyer OT Supporter

So the main reason you dont want to lose more weight is because you want to be able to donate blood? Thats a pretty weird reason.

How bout finding a different way to provide your charity?

Say.......maybe..............

Posting an ass shot in thong.

19. TZ

TZ Banned

because people ask the same questions all the time and also no one bothers to read the stickies or archives :dunno:

20. angeleyezx

angeleyezx New Member

donating blood saves lives, and its critical that people donate blood

21. angeleyezx

angeleyezx New Member

thank you dpixel.
    I had read the stickies, it is stuff I do know already from ironmass, 3fc and books etc.

22. DatacomGuy

F&N Darwinism?

In all seriousness, dpixel - angeleyezx has come up with every excuse in the book. There has been suggestions provided, yet they yielded more excuses. We can only work with the info and tools given to us. These excuses pull all our tools, so we'll back away.

23. DatacomGuy

Sure is.

#1 - You have bodyweight exercises that can be done at home.
    http://www.google.com/search?q=bodyweight+exercises

#2 - You have your neighborhood to run in. You didn't mention anything about safety for yourself; so run in your neighborhood. Go to a pawn shop or GoodWill donation center and get a bike for $5...

Doing something is better then nothing.

I had a shitload of excuses too. It took me off and on almost a year to just get STARTED.. but once I stopped making excuses for myself and started, it all fell into place and worked itself out. I came up with everything from money, to time, to career, to kids and wife, to far away family, etc etc etc..

Either you're going to do it, or you're not.. but don't waste your own time coming up with reasons NOT to do something. If you don't want to, then just don't.

24. jonno

jonno New Member

no she is not going to PM you nudes.

25. DatacomGuy

I am not a mod of this sub-forum, mod of a different sub-forum.

Let's look at the second paragraph of the original post.

Sooooo. Where do we go from there? She already debated everything we could possibly reply with. I could and typically would say "Suck it up - and have some self respect.". But I'm sure there would be just another excuse. She already made up her mind before posting that she doesn't want to go. We'll design some fantastic workout plan for her and this great diet - and she'll never do it. She already said she won't.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.