MMA Fighters of OT

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by Bausk, Aug 23, 2006.

1. Bausk

Bausk New Member

How much training did you have before amatuer MMA? Before going pro? Did you do Muay Thai or kickboxing matches, or grappling tournaments before MMA?

I'm really itching to do some sort of competition. I don't think I'm ready for anything serious, as my BJJ is very weak imo, but I really want to do something by the end of the year. Either a grappling beginner tourney I guess or an amatuer MT fight.

Anyone who has fought pro, amatuer, or even in small grappling tourneys please chime in. :)

Last edited: Aug 23, 2006
  2. teep

teep New Member

I've had tons of wrestling matches (4 years in high school), an amature muay thai fight in Thailand (with less than a year of training), and went to a grappling tourney with about a year and half of bjj on and off. I only took third, because at the time I still hadn't kicked the habbit of bellying down and ended up getting my back taken in a scramble. I November I'm going to go to NAGA in CT and enter in intermediate and advanced. Hopefully I'll be able to take home a sword. I plan on fighting my first MMA event in December at 155. It'll be a real small event for charity. I don't know how serious I am about MMA, I just love to train and compete. Maybe after college I'll try and pursue it more seriously. Seems like everyone wants to be a fighter these days.

3. Bausk

Bausk New Member

I'm definitely into competition. I used to do 4 sports competitively a year, but never got into Wrestling in highschool. Now that I'm actually physically active again and enjoying MMA I would love to get started. :x:

4. uofapeter

uofapeter New Member

im right where you are right now. just starting to do small bjj submission tourneys. we have state coming up in october, getting ready for that as well.
    we have a local "rage in the cage" thats basically the NHB bottom level (though technically its a professional fight cause you get paid) i'm training for that right now.

where do you train? your gym or dojo should have info about some low level competitions you could enter to test out your skill level