Fig out name of a soundcard?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by cuz_why, Jun 8, 2004.

1. cuz_why

cuz_why Guest

Is there an easier way to figure out the name of a soundcard so someone can install the drivers to get the sound working again?

I don't know the name of it and neither does my friend and he has tried microsoft update, and the drivers updates arent listing it either, and he is too cpu illiterate to take out his soundcard and look for some sort of company name

Any help on this issue?

2. cali2houston

cali2houston New Member

last time it happened to me, i had to open my desktop to find the chip.

Although if yours is standard laptop/desktop, u can check configuration from the manufacturer's website too.

3. Intuit

Intuit Guest

C2H has it right... You'll have to remove the sticker ontop of the chip for some sound cards. Some chip manufacturers include: C-Media, NVidia, Creative, .....

Google for "Sound Chipsets" or some variation and you'll find some other sound-chip manufacturers.

4. Zephy|2

Zephy|2 I fly

couldn't you go into the hardware profile?

5. Brian

Brian New Member

look for something called Everest Home Edition it shows you everything your comp has from what temp your gpu or cpu or mobo or hd it shows you all your grpahic card shit soundcard everything

6. cmsurfer

cmsurfer ºllllllº

Take out the card and look for a company name or model number. Google is very good at helping you find drivers for stuff like that.