FIFA 10 Crew - Questions from a football game newb

Discussion in 'Gamers' Pulse' started by FINALBOSS, Jan 30, 2010.

1. FINALBOSS

FINALBOSS

First of all.....I fucking love this game. I am thoroughly addicted. I just love it.

Couple questions though:

1. Any tips for scoring screamers?
    2. Aiming--any tips for aiming? When do you push the stick to aim? Right as you hit the shot button? After you hit the shot button while the power bar is going up? Right when you're about to strike the ball after the shot button is done?

I did some testing on practice mode/free kicking and it seemed like I got better accuracy/more top spin when I aimed right as I finished holding the shot button. Does it matter?

Also, how far should I be pushing the left stick to aim? If center is 0 degrees, and all the way left/top/right/etc. is 10, should I be pushing 10 or like...say...2-3? What about top spin shots? All the way to 10 or 2-3 again?

I signed up for a FIFA tips forum, and a lot of the people suggest to get in the habit of putting your aim stick back to neutral before you aim to shoot--gonna take some time getting used to.

Thus far, I've pretty much put my stick at 10 degrees depending on where I want to aim and it seems to suck.

Lotta questions, sorry <3 I just really like this game and want to get good.

2. FINALBOSS

FINALBOSS

Right now I'm using assisted shooting (until I get better) you think this is having an effect on my aiming and top spin control? If you switch to semi/manual can you aim/topspin a lot better?

3. FINALBOSS

FINALBOSS

And dribbling, fuck. Any tips? Is everyone using tele mode? I hate how the trick moves are turned on their side for tele.

I need some moves with a little speed to them like the roulette. Can you perform dribbling moves holding L2 + R2 or just holding L2?

<3333333

4. FINALBOSS

FINALBOSS

I already graduated to the 2nd difficulty setting :o

5. Skyline22GTR

Skyline22GTR OT Supporter

With the aiming on the stick I think i usually do it immediately after pushing the shot button while the bar is filling up. Anytime before that you should be using it to get your man in position. Also i tend to push the stick to a 10 almost evertime I am shooting.

Basically the only way to get better is to play a lot. I know that sounds redundant but if you play and play and play you will eventually get to the point where you will know exactly what to do in any given situation/position on the pitch to score. That is when you will be PRO and scoring then will only require you to put your striker or such in a position to.

Hope this helps a little.

6. FINALBOSS

FINALBOSS

What shooting mode are you using? If you're pushing all the way to 10, you must be using assisted or semi? I thought it semi/manual pushing to 10 sent the ball flying inaccurately. I thought it was like 2-4 degrees in direction.

7. Skyline22GTR

I am using the standard settings the game comes in. I have tried changing settings and can't even score a goal with it. I have no problem with it being assisted though I don't miss often when taking my shots

8. poz

poz New Member

I am pretty new to the game, but I will say that if you learn the tricks while dribbling, and when to do them effectively, you'll be a lot better at dribbling. I still blow at doing them but I have noticed my dribbling has gotten a lot better than it was when I first started playing.

9. Skyline22GTR

in all honesty. Most of the pros and people online rarely if ever use the trick stick. Its all about opening up passing lanes.

10. poz

poz New Member

what the hell is with all of the british kids talking shit every game? my god, i have played a few and all they do is talk about how "bad" im playing and how amazing they are. pretty damn funny when i beat the shit out of them but still, kinda annoying.

11. poz

poz New Member

actually, i should extend that to all europeans, not just british kids.

12. Skyline22GTR

yeah they are some mother fuckers

13. Sangster

Sangster OT Supporter

I started playing manager mode last night, so fun :wackit:

As for scoring, I find myself shooting close to the corners of the box to the opposite side of the net with about 1/2 - 3/4 shot power.

14. lancer

lancer OT Supporter

well, first of all, I can tell you're a noob because that isn't madden or ncaa

15. poz

poz New Member

lool.

16. FINALBOSS

FINALBOSS

Huh?

17. FINALBOSS

FINALBOSS

18. FINALBOSS

FINALBOSS

19. poz

poz New Member

i'll play you online :x:

20. FINALBOSS

FINALBOSS

How the fuck do you volley to yourself or up and over a player from a cross/chip? I saw someone do a sick goal where he crossed it to the middle, the dude took it out of mid air and chipped it to himself to the left and volleyed it in.

Secondly, how the fuck do you do a solid leading long ball--just use the cross button and pray you got the right aim/power? Fuck me.

21. FINALBOSS

FINALBOSS

Just won my first 3 online matches.

Started the 4th...dude picked Chelsea and seriously scored 4 goals in like 30 seconds with through passes to the striker up the middle. So fucking gay...had to do a DNF :rofl:

22. poz

poz New Member

i know it's gay but im pretty sure if you pull internet plug, it doesnt count as dnf or loss... not sure though.

i think that the max you can be up on someone is 2-0 before the half otherwise they'll just quit immediately. so gay that people cant just sit there and play the game out.

23. PSUPef2K

PSUPef2K #Elite member

this game is tough :o

24. Sangster

Sangster OT Supporter

What difficulty are you on?

25. Der SchattenJager

Der SchattenJager Kupo, asshat.