Fiber

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by july23rd1989, May 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. july23rd1989

july23rd1989 Blood for Lube

Hi, yes yes I tried to do my own research, butt I fail at the internet. So I have a question.

When bulking, do you want to try to avoid a high fiber diet? as far as my diet plan goes, taking in roughly 3500 cal, with 25-35g of fiber. Fiber tends to make you feel "full", and makes your poo absorb a lot of water, both which I assume would be bad for bulking.

So next question, how far should I go with this? Like its getting annoying, looking at something like lets say bread for example to make a tuna sandwich. I find myself going to buy bread, and not buying the bread with most protein simply because there's different bread with 2-3g less fiber, but also less protein.

Thoughts?

2. Skeletor

Skeletor Guest

i don't even count protein from peanut butter or bread. on the average day I get 220-250g protein from other sources (approx. 210lbs bodyweight). I've heard that protein from grains doesn't really get broken down by the body.

As for fiber, I'd just get the higher fiber bread in light of the fact or myth or whatever that protein from grain is pretty useless. I'd rather crap regularly than have a few extra grams of protein in my diet. If you really care that much have a glass of milk or a whey shake and you've more than made up for it.

3. scent of a wookie

scent of a wookie OT Supporter

if you eat plenty of small meals the "full" feeling really shouldn't come into play...also you should be drinking plenty of water anyways, you are trying to put on muscle, not water weight so if some is lost in your poop so be it

eat your fiber

4. The Grid

The Grid OT Supporter

just take a minimum of 40gs of fiber; going over is fine; however, a lot of fiber can make you feel really full so it's hard to get your calories in... if this starts happening to you then cut down of your fiber (but get at least ~40g fiber/day)

5. Skeletor

Skeletor Guest

is metamucil any good or is it more important to get fiber through actual food?

6. Genghis.Tron

Genghis.Tron New Member

Whatever you cal intake is, you should get your fiber. It's more a matter of health than anything (intenstinal, heart and so on). I don't think the source matters but usually fiber content is sometimes an indicator of the food's processing (ex : white vs whole wheat bread) and if you stick to low-processed whole food, you should easily get there (whole wheat products, veggies, fruits, nuts are the usual sources).

7. Skeletor

Skeletor Guest

i'm noticing that as I try to keep my carbs low my fiber intake is really pretty minimal. I should drink less juice/milk and eat more bread/beans probably, but then I'd be getting less calcium/vitamins :o this diet stuff is complicated yo.

8. Genghis.Tron

Genghis.Tron New Member

I dunno why bought I thought of black beans and sour cream on the spot !

9. Skeletor

Skeletor Guest

black beans?

its all about refried dude :bowdown: refried beans with a little pico or salsa and cottage cheese = :bowdown:

10. GTLifter

GTLifter Banned

I mix metamucil with my postworkout shakes...otherwise the whey gives me the shits...

11. Skeletor

Skeletor Guest

raw whey does that to me too... mixing w/ milk solves that problem though i guess I should try the metamucil. All i have right now is orange flavor... think that'd compliment double rich choc? :o

12. Aequitas

Aequitas If it keeps on raining, levee's going to break.

Only one way to find out.

And [​IMG]

13. Skeletor

Skeletor Guest

honestly dude that oragnge chocolate stuff is exactly what the combination tastes like.... it's really fucking tasty and I'm shitting out dooks that feel like they've been soaked in KY for a week. It's a total win-win situation I got going on.

special thanks to gtlifter for hooking up the idea.

14. Doog

Doog New Member

vanilla whey + orange metamucil = dreamsicle

15. Skeletor

Skeletor Guest

dude what is a good brand for vanilla? I'm getting sick of my yellow ass teeth since i hardly ever touch cigarettes anymore... I know it's my goddamn chocolate ON that's keeping my teeth stained.

edit: i don't even care if the taste is great or not... really as long as it mixes well that's all I care about. I can't stand chalky shakes.

16. Doog

Doog New Member

I use EAS, ive seen some people talk shit about it here but I dont know why. I think its delicous, a bit froathy but who cares.

I do have trouble mixing it with a spoon, its like the anti-liquid but most people use shaker bottles anyway...

17. Skeletor

Skeletor Guest

yeah i use a shaker but EAS is too chalky for me. I used to use it before I tried ON, i don't think i could go back.

18. Doog

Doog New Member

chaulky no way nig, its froathy and smoooooth :bigthumb:

just shake it up real good, cheap too

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.