GUN FFL... is it worth getting one?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Jyokker, Jan 9, 2007.

1. Jyokker

Jyokker The trouser snake is very aggressive. It will corn

I have kicked around getting my FFL. I want to expand my collection at a lesser cost, but I also think I could profit a small amount from transfer charges.

Anyone have theirs?
    Good? Bad?

2. [DWI]

[DWI] Master of Nothing

I have wondered that question myself and if you can actually transfer weapons to yourself, I think there are requirements like you have to have a certain type of space for the work (a house might work) I'll be interested to hear what people have to tell you

3. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

They're getting harder and harder to get I would say not really worth it to use for basically hobby purposes.

4. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

They made it alot harder to get one with out having some sort of store front. I think only way you can still get one using your residence is if the area you live is zoned for business's

5. Small Block LSX

Small Block LSX BMW | N54 | LSX | Gun | PS3 | Parent | Night CREW

I am not sure how much it costs to obtain. I know that most people charge $15-25 for an FFL transfer. I certainly wouldn't market myself in order to make only a Jackson. :rofl: I wouldn't want a bunch of gun fanatics in my house to pickup a new heater.

6. striker754

striker754 Chillin

not worth it.

7. Ford4Life

Ford4Life Guest

With all the new zoning shit you'd probably have to apply for a business variance on your home, which would probably get denied. You'd also have to setup a state sales tax thing too.

I'd say it isn't worth it. You could get an 03 FFL though, which is a curio & relics license. I have one of those, it's good for buying cheap surplus guns.

8. Ford4Life

Ford4Life Guest

I think the cost of the FFL itself is only like $200, it's setting up all the other bullshit that's expensive. The guy I use for transfers owns a motorcycle/ATV shop and he said he saved a shitload since it was already zoned as a business, etc.

The problem is, the 01 FFL has to be for business use, and if you are getting it just to buy cheap guns for yourself you'll need an assload of transfers on the books or the ATF can take your license away. :hs: