A&P Few Shots With K-1000

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by Speedy Spike, Jul 4, 2005.

1. Speedy Spike

Speedy Spike "All theses moments will be lost in time like tear

A group of friends of mine went to the beach back in May and I took a few pictures. I didn't really take that many becuase the film was used mostly to take pictures of me .. and I had my friend Bridgette take them. But I did take a few. And i like the way they came out. So comments are welcome. My scanner isn't the best, so don't mind the dust and what not. I don't even have my camera anymore it is MIA .. I think that someone stole it out of my car. This was the last day I saw my camera. I'm not sure, but I am saving up for a D70. Anyways without furture adue .. I bring to you ... My sucky Pictures.

[​IMG]
    We were trying to figure out how to get to the beach

[​IMG]
    Another view of looking at the map

[​IMG]
    Neil Bridgette's father washing their car

[​IMG]
    Bridgette getting out of her car

Like I said I didn't really shoot much, but I wanted to get some of my work out there so you could see what I've shot. :wiggle:

2. Pineapple Devil

Pineapple Devil beat it!

they look like film pictures were scanned into a computer

3. The_Eagle_Has_Landed

The_Eagle_Has_Landed New Member

4. Speedy Spike

They were scanned into my computer, I thought I said that earily maybe I unclear. I took them with me Pentex K-1000 .. I don't have it anymore though b/c it's MIA. So yea their Film Pictures. Why is something wrong with that?

5. Pineapple Devil

Pineapple Devil beat it!

nothing wrong with it. i guess i just assumed they were going to be digital

6. mucky

mucky .

The Pentax K1000 is my first ever SLR and I still have one. I :love: full manual bodies. Kids these days don't appreciate old school film photography. Although I like digital bodies, it just makes photography "too convenient" and a lot of people don't take their time and think before they compose before they shoot. I don't use my film cameras camera much anymore, but I do have an emotional attachment to my K1000.

7. Speedy Spike

I very much so agree. I am 19 years old and I learned on a Nikon FM I belive. It might have been an FE, nonetheless it was very old and I was hesitent at first. I wanted a newer style camera, but learning on the FM was the best thing that my father ever did for me. I really want to learn all about older photography. We have enough history here living in Rochester, NY so photo gear is never that far away. My next goal is to learn how to shoot with a Medium Format camera. But I still wanna work on my 35mm/Digital SLR as well.

8. Cobber

Cobber Wanna touch my bunny hole?

I love my film camera ... I learned a lot on my dads F801 .. .I then bought my own F60 to play with ... I then got into DSLRs.

I found out quick that there are a lot more options and adjustments that can be made in Digital ... not to mention the cost. You can shot 500 pics with a DSLR and it wont cost you a thing to get 1 good pic from it.

9. AR

AR Guest

Yeah I have a Nikon FM10, it's a manual.
    I love my camera. I rarely take it to outings with friends and stuff but when I do my rolls come out a ton better than my friend's with his digital. You get those extra few moments to think and compose the photograph, instead of... hey-smile-snap.