TAT Few questions

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by fadedblack, Jan 19, 2007.

1. fadedblack

fadedblack New Member

Hi, excuse the post count..I lurk lol. Anyway, I got my labret pierced today and I was wondering what's the best aftercare for it. As you can probably tell it's my first so I'm new to this :hsugh:

I've also been checking out a few sites for jewelry. Anyone have any sites they recommend? thanks for the help.

2. VinylButterfly

VinylButterfly In Utero

Well...cleaning it, and keep it clean is the MOST important thing. Because otherwise you can get an infection. The piercer should have told you all of that stuff anyway.

Regardless I shall help you. I don't have my labret done but I know people who have, I do have 7 body piercings though and an 8th on its way (when I get funding).

Seasalt...get some seasalt and dissolve it in boiling water. Allow it to cool for a bit. Clean the pierced area with the water using cotton buds or whatever. I recommend sea salt compared to normal salt or saline... I have used those for other piercings, and the only one I used seasalt on never got infected. I also suggest you clean it with alcoholic swabs, but be careful as this will also dry the skin out. and buy some of that stuff that you can buy when you get ears done, its basically a spray for new piercings...buy that and spray your piercing regulary.

If you find your pierceing is getting infected then you might want to use dettol to clean it. It's normal for a piercing to get infected so dont panic if it does. It's when its starts getting worse/not clearing up when you may need to go to a doctor to get antibiotics.

As far as checking out jewlery goes...I wouldnt think youd need to change the piercing for at least 6-8weeks.changingit earlier can cause the piercing to tear and/or get infected.

Hope that helps
    Cheers

3. Turboed_2

Turboed_2 .

Ehhhhhhhhh.....

I've had plenty of piercings too but I would advise you to avoid any sort of ointments or alcohol.

Use saline solution to clean it, soak it with sea salt in warm water and it might not be the most pleasant thing, but use an anti-bacterial soap in the shower on it and make sure to rinse it well afterwards. That really should be all you need to do.

4. Buttons

Buttons OT Supporter

You have no idea what you're talking about. The only good advice you gave was "keep it clean and use saline/sea salt".

Don't use regular salt, only sea salt.
    Alcohol is terrible for piercings. NEVER use it.
    Don't use ear piercing spray, it usually contains alcohol of some sort.
    It is NOT normal for piercings to get infected. :ugh: They will get irritated but as long as you're cleaning it you won't get an infection.

5. VinylButterfly

VinylButterfly In Utero

I idndt say to use regulr salt...ok and maybe I said infected and Imeant irritated. sorry but thats what I meant. Like I said I dont have a labret.

6. Two toys

Two toys New Member

just shut the fuck up already. :OP:

7. Cherryfire

Cherryfire "If we believe obsurdities, we shall commit atroci

So..the studio you chose and trusted to pierce you had no aftercare advice to offer you at all? Or did you just forget it? Not trying to be a cunt but Im just curious why someone would feel so lost about the aftercare of their new piercing/tattoo/whatever that they have to ask a public forum about it. I'd consider choosing a new studio for my next piercing if they couldnt be bothered to educate you on how to properly care for the one you just paid for.

Sea salt soaks are great but pitching a big tumbler of warm salty water can be a bit difficult to do without a big mess on some piercings (ie: nostrils, nipples, facial things). If you have it in your area or know of a studio that sells it, I *really* like H20cean spray ( http://mypiercing.stores.yahoo.net/h2piafsp1.html ) for its ease in application and compliance. Either way, once to two times daily with either of those with periodic gentle "spot dabbing" with a moistened q tip to remove any dried lymph material or "crusties" on an as needed only basis is really the only physical aftercare required. Drinking a lot of water, limiting your alcohol intake initially and avoiding any knuckle punches to the mouth if you can ;) will help reduce and prevent excessive swelling. Consider shortening the barbell length after about 3 weeks after the swelling period is over for a more "snug" appearance and less gum/tooth wear. That usually puts you out about $15 bucks, a fairly cheap price when you consider the average $100/hr rate most dental work requires.

8. fadedblack

fadedblack New Member

Thanks for the advice everyone :) My studio did give me advice on how to care for it but I was just wondering how everyone here did it. It probably would have been easier if I stated that in my first post lol.

9. Two toys

Two toys New Member

depending on where you got it done, its a good idea to come into here and check. next time tell us what they told you and we will let you know if thats right or not.