MIL Few health questions about enlisting

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Barkode, Sep 18, 2007.

1. Barkode

Barkode Active Member

I looked into joining the CG 2 years ago and basically the recruiter when he asked about allergies said since I have an allergy to peanuts to try a different branch because they can't let anyone in with them. Well I pretty much didn't try again after that and went back to CC. Now 2 years later(22) I might be interested in joining elsewhere. Is there some kind of rule that DQ's you in every branch if you have food allergies?

Also, mild asthma. I can manage it well, was on the swim team in high school for 2 years and never had any problems with it then. Is there some site that gives information about this?

2. dontfrostthepie

dontfrostthepie New Member

try usmilitary.about.com

3. shiba

shiba Active Member

Don't think there are any food allergies that will DQ you from joining the army. Nowadays they'll waiver everything to allow you to join. Asthma might be an issue but like i said, they'll probably let it slide.

4. hitzchicky

hitzchicky New Member

i heard about that when i was in basic. i don't know if it's true or not, but i heard that they wouldn't let anyone in that has an allergy to peanut butter because it's usually severe and there's peanut butter all over the place in the military. im in the army btw.

5. dura

dura Guest

Asthma really depends on severity and the age of when it began. I've been told there's a respiration test for it. I saw a few guys get knocked out of basic for not disclosing it.