FRK Fetish in public, how far is too far?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by thebigcheese, Apr 19, 2007.

1. thebigcheese

thebigcheese New Member

Recently a friend and I got into an argument of how far is too far when it comes to wearing fetish clothes (lingere, leather, latex, etc) in public. He feels that since it's a free country as long as the goodies are covered, it doesn't matter what you wear.
    I argue that we all have a public duty to remain in good taste. While I certainly have no problem walking down the street in a catsuit and heels late at night (meaning after 10pmish), I think that during the day when children could be present it is morally wrong to do so.
    Does anybody else have an opinion on this matter? Or does anybody have any interesting stories to post?

2. RougeOgre

RougeOgre FS Librarian and MOD

As a parent, I'd prefer not to be forced to explain things to my young children before I felt they were ready to understand them.

3. The Secretary

The Secretary My domestic skills will rock your socks off!

I believe in the common deceny view. While it maybe permitted by law to wear something doesnt mean that it is the time or the place to do that. As Rouge said for people with young ones it definitely presents a quandry when they are forced to explain something they shouldnt have to at that time.

4. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

In general public you should be somewhat discreet, the public and their children aren't consenting to your kink play and don't need to be involved with it. If its a kinky public event like fantasy fest or folsom street or something the rules change.

5. f1manoz

f1manoz Active Member

If it's for a late night party, then as long as the bits are covered, it's fair enough.

But during the day, common decency must prevail to protect the 'innocent'. There may not be any laws against it, but it's just common sense really. Think of it this way: would you like to explain to your child why the man is only dressed in a thong and dog collar?

6. Letifo

Letifo Moderator

i'm actually surprised at the posts in this thread, i would've expected more people on this forum to say the opposite. That said, i generally agree with the thoughts in this thread, there's no reason to show it off to kids and people in public, plus there's plenty of fetishy stuff you can wear under your clothes (nipple clamps, butt plugs, things like that i'm sure other people can think of better/more) that other people don't need to see while still allowing you to be kinky. Also, do you really want to make a spectacle of yourself? That's what ends up happening basically is people gawk, make comments to their friends, etc.

7. HouseLing

HouseLing When masturbations lost its fun you'r fucking lazy

i find people that are in this sort of lifestyle are usually more openminded and accepting twards other peoples feelings than most other people. perhaps it has to do with there being so many variations of things that are considered "freaky" that you learn to be that way, as you explore yourself. dunno, just something i have noticed :dunno:

a perfect example, the thread about male anal play in FS, and a fairly recent thread about the same thing in the vag, totally diffrent responces.

8. The Secretary

The Secretary My domestic skills will rock your socks off!

There are the people that just dont care and wouldnt mind if their friends knew. But then in that case friends would have already been informed of that persons lifestyle before hand. Being open-minded is alot of the "freaky" lifestyle as houseling said. Knowing that other peiople may not share your views of sexuality or type of sexual activities is important as well.

There have been threads about people in here where they have gone out in public in collars and plugs etc etc. However, they were done tastefully and discreetly, which in my opinion is perfectly fine.

It can be as simple as going pantyless when you go out to dinner with your boyfriend. As long as no one else notices they cant take offense to it.

9. RRated

RRated New Member

Agreed! It is hard enough to explain other sites to my girls when in public.

10. Phantom Empress

Phantom Empress mmmmmm tasty!!!

I find it in bad taste to expose the public too much that is WAY fetishy.... though I do think it's ok to wear tasteful latex/leather in public as long as it not only covers everything and can sort of pass and normal clothes.... [​IMG][/IMG]

Completely wearable in public... completely made of latex.

I also think it's OK to wear Collars and cuffs in public as long as they are discrete and can pas as either jewelry or fashion. thankfully goth and punk kids made that easy for us.

As far as public play. there are MANY MANY things that can be done discretely that will not impose on the sensibilities of the vanilla public. I find it insensitive and crass of those few inteh BDSM lifestyle that infringe on the lives of theres by exposing themselves and their kinks to people that are not concenting to be part of their play.