fender eliminator kits legal question

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by PEnGUiN188, Apr 25, 2008.

1. PEnGUiN188

PEnGUiN188 New Member

For those with a 03-05 r6 or 06-08 r6s how do you light up your plates? Isnt it just like cars that you need to have it lit up? Looking at kits online, all of the kits available don't have any kinda light on the tag.

How is this done than?

Ohio laws btw.

2. verticalINTENSEions

verticalINTENSEions New Member

uh, when i relocated the plate on my cbr and my R1 i just didn't light up the plate. I thought i saw something a while ago that was a screw that had a light on it or something, i could be wrong though.

3. DoucheBag

DoucheBag New Member

i have one of these (for a honda 600RR tho) on my bike and it has a tag light built in. not the greatest of products, or the coolest.. but its got a decently bright brake light and signals.. compact.. and well.. i like it. check out the link

http://209.61.143.180/category_s/28.htm

4. i64X

i64X New Member

I have two friends who rigged theirs up without lights - both have been pulled over for it several times. They both say until they get a "fix-it ticket" they're not going to change it. It seems like more hassle than it's worth to me if you don't do it right.

My brother got an actual kit with an LED light and stuff - but the kit was pretty cheap and the LED light started flickering and eventually died not too long after he installed everything. Installation was pretty straight forward but the kit had a CHEAP LED - I pulled it apart and checked it out and the part where the two little metal posts come out of the LED plastic were really thin and one of them broke.

A good kit with a light would work, just make sure you get a quality LED with it.

5. vudoodoodoo

vudoodoodoo New Member

I don't think I'd feel safe w/o turn signals in the back. :o

6. JayC71

JayC71 Guest

Probably depends where you live, but I have gotten tickets for the plate not being properly illuminated in VA...even though I HAD A LIGHT ON IT. During the day even, the prick got down on his knees and looked under the tail to see if the light said "DOT Approved" on it, which it didn't.

Remember kids, a light is not a light unless it's DOT Approved.

7. str0bot

str0bot New Member

Haha, on mine I just drilled holes in the plate and mounted it on a couple of L-Brackets. No light no care. I tried not to ride at night though and was selling it