Females Cursing: Is it a turn off???

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by sportsjunkie, Dec 25, 2006.

?

Is Cursing Un-Attractive?

1. Yes, I dislike when my partner curses; it's a major turn-off

72 vote(s)
    44.2%
  2. No, I don't mind when my partner curses; I do it sometimes as well

73 vote(s)
    44.8%
  3. I never really thought about it

29 vote(s)
    17.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. sportsjunkie

sportsjunkie OT Supporter

First off, I'm like a sailor....I curse all the time. When I'm out in public, on the phone, talking via aim, and just in general. I do it in front of my family and they've gotten used to it by now, but sometimes my sister is just like :ugh:

I've met a few guys who thought it was great and they didn't mind that it was my way of expressing myself. But I've never met a guy who didn't mind. Maybe I'm naive and they were just trying to be nice.

I find it very enjoyable to curse, it's like a release for me. who knows, maybe I have anger issues :o But it's gotten worse over the years and now when I'm out on dates or meeting guys, I find myself holding back my words for fear that guys will find me intimidating or they won't think I'm 'lady-like' :hsd: But I don't want to have to do that anymore

Is this a turn-off for most guys?
    or even for the ladies, do your guys don't mind that you curse; or do you think that a woman cursing is just disgusting?

2. TomBrady

TomBrady New Member

its kind of a turn off..depends on the female..in a jocking manner saying "fuck you" because u did a prank maybe that could be acceptable..
    calling a guy a faggot is not..turn off

3. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

It's not so much a turn-off for me, but I don't care for it. I generally don't care for a lot of swearing from ANYONE, male or female.

But that's just me.

4. sportsjunkie

yea...when I'm joking around with friends or someone, I'll say something like "fuck you" and then laugh

but tonight I was at a restaurant and this woman kept staring over at me for some odd reason the whole night, so I just said "what the fuck are you looking at?" ( i feel pretty shitty about it now) :hs:

then, you know how the waiter keeps coming over to check and see if everthing is alright?...well she came over like 5 times in less than 5 minutes and it was annoying to my mom, so I just said to the waitress: "yes, everything is fucking dandy" :hsd:

i just remember my ex bf telling me how guys won't want to date me cause cursing is a male attribute :o

5. Toda Party

Toda Party .....

Yeah, it depends on the delivery. Some girls girls just come off masculine when they do it a lot or they way that they use the words. If I just made fun of her and she says "fuck you" or hits me and calls me an asshole, I get a kick out of it.

6. mare

mare New Member

I generally don't cuss that much! But, after getting to know someone fairly well...I might joke a bit & call him a prick or a dick in a friendly manner depending on the convo!!

During sex...that's a different matter...when I get carried away in the heat of things I get a real potty-mouth but it's all to do with the fun of the moment! Never felt a lover offended!

7. sportsjunkie

yea, but I'm like the total opposite...I curse in everyday language for probably no reason at all.

I should walk around taping myself tomorrow for like an hour just so I can count how many times I say a curse word.

8. busydoingnothing

busydoingnothing A broken man too tough to cry

I don't think it's all that much of a turn-off. Really, it depends on the context. I would be a hypocrit to say overuse is a bad thing, cause I swear all the time; too often, even. In the case of swearing at strangers in public, I think it's more embarassing than anything. During sex, however, is a different story. :spank: :bigthumb:

9. mare

mare New Member

I HATE when my teenage daughters curse at each other!! It sounds trashy & uneducated!!! Which they're not!!! A simple fuck you in a fight & go away is enough!!!

I'm trying to teach them in the real society it's unacceptible & they need to contain themselves!!

During sex..it's a release & hot for me to hear my man say "Cum for me baby" & I just gotta say "pound me, pound me hard etc...." I just like it that way & need to make sure they know how i like it...when we're done we're back to being friends with benefits or whatever!!!

10. Raindog

Raindog New Member

I don't mind it...as long as its not excessive.

11. kronik85

kronik85 New Member

depends on how often she curses. some girls i notice it and can't stand it, other girls i never notice.

12. Bruticus

Bruticus half dead OT Supporter

:rofl: That would have killed any interest that I had in a woman.

I don't mind a little joking around swearing, but lots and it just gets annoying. Something like the above is a total turnoff.

13. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

Yeah...not trying to jump all over the OP, but if I had been on a date with a woman who said that to a waiter, I would have not dated her again. That's not so much about the swearing itself, but just the disrespect shown towards the waiter.

I understand swearing when one is really angry or upset, but other than that, I try to avoid it. If I hear a girl swearing all the time, I'm mentally wincing. Sometimes it seems like people will throw in profanity just for filler.

14. gthesob

gthesob the fun machine took a shit and died OT Supporter

No, I like it when it's just normal conversation. If it's intended to hurt someone then I don't like it.

15. BlazinBlazer Guy

BlazinBlazer Guy Witness to The De-Evolution of Mankind.

:werd: If it's just me and a girl having a conversation or around close friends, I'm cool with whatever. Around family and in public though, I'd be chewing her out for it.

16. sportsjunkie

yea that's how bad it is with me :hsd:

i think i need to learn to stop swearing or something.

17. HuskiRuski

HuskiRuski Cardinal Fan

yup.
    a little playful cursing is kind of cute, but anything said in a serious or nonchalant tone is a complete turn-off.

if i wanted to hear that, i'd date a guy.

18. huntz0r

huntz0r New Member

I agree with the previous post and others in the same vein.

I also think it's funny the way some (immature type) girls will try to curse nonchalantly but can't quite pull it off.

19. ShoverBot

ShoverBot OT Supporter

randomly is fine with me, i do it also, but when its ever 2nd or 3rd word its completely a turn off

20. RockChick

RockChick New Member

I got a bad mouth.... :big grin:

I curse all the time, most of my sentences have the words fuck and/or shit in it... tho of course I can control myself depending on where I am but around friends and the bf, I curse like theres no tomorrow.
    Then of course Im around road work guys and mechanics all day, so its kinda mandatory, rofl.

If people dont like it, too bad.

21. Kinks

Kinks Sup. OT Supporter

Depends on the chick.. some can pull it off some can't.

I wouldn't want a long termer to be swearing like a sailor though. If it's just a casual hookup, bring it on :naughty:

22. Carpet Liquor

Carpet Liquor New Member

I think there's some qualifying that needs to be done here.

Overall, it's not really a turn off, but excessivly it can be, and usually is.

My most recent ex, I think used cursing about the proper amount of times to get me hooked on her, but in her case it was probably due to her "proper" upbringing and it was kinda of a rebelious thing, or so it seemed.

If a woman was to cure all the time though, in front of everybody in every situation, well that would be a turn off and eventually destroy the relationship.

There's a time and place for things like that, and there must be control over it. I don't swear in front of my mom, out of respect, nor when I'm talking to customers (I work in retail/service) and I try not to swear in normal conversation. Eventually I'd like to cut it out completely, but that may never happen. :dunno:

So the best way to answer the question would be to say:
    It depends on the situation.

23. sportsjunkie

I guess I just don't see curse words as a negative thing as everyone else does :dunno:

24. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

My New Years Resolution is to cut down my cursing...its pretty bad

25. RockChick

RockChick New Member

My honest believe is: If people cant accept you the way you are, they are not worth hanging around with.

Yes, there are times when cursing is abolutely not appropriate... I try not to curse around my family and definitely not at work but around friends and the bf.... pfffft.