MIL Female Infantry Officers

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Fearan, Jun 16, 2005.

1. Fearan

Fearan Guest

I believe women in the military is very important, they are obviously as part of it as any guy is. Even in combat, there are some women that are meant to be there.

But at my reserve regiment, we have never had female officers, until possibly the end of this summer, depending how their training goes. For the first time, 2 females from my regiment have signed up for Inf Offc training. One is 5'2", and weighs in at less than 100 pounds (considering the rutsack is more than half her weight, she'll be facing problems there in an infantry regiment.) The other one is slightly taller and bigger (like 130 or so.) Anyways, I have problems believing these females could even be Infantry, but they have the audacity to believe they can lead a platoon of guys into combat. Where do people come off thinking they are able to do something like this? Is it just lack of info?

I've talked with other soldiers, and they all feel the same way about the lack of intelligence at the recruiting level that told them they should sign up as inf offc. The Canadian Army's Infantry officer training is VERY hard, and if they somehow manage to do it (which I doubt), I don't know how I would feel about following them into combat. Officers are supposed to show the example of how things are done, and if they can hardly carry their gear, how the hell are they going to earn their men's respect?

Any of you combat arms guys ever had female officers? How were they?

2. TheNewMonaro

TheNewMonaro New Member

Dunno what your regs are like however if they're required to attain the same standard as the males I don't see a problem.

3. Jason H

Jason H Active Member

She should have fun carrying [​IMG] this.

4. Jason H

Jason H Active Member

But in all seriousness, they deserve props for wanting to take up the officer program and showing if they have the guts to pass it.

5. brackac

brackac Fuck all of this. OT Supporter

It is not a case of if they can do the job physical. Females drastically change group dynamics in a negative manner within a military enviroment. If you add one female to a group of men, in a male dominated enviroment, there will be competition for her attention. We have all seen it happen time and time again. And this type of behavior is detrimental to the team and mission. Women do not belong in combat arms because the men are not ready to deal with the change.

Then there is the health and logistics issues, and standards.

6. Fearan

Fearan Guest

This was the point I was trying to make, and this point I believe is even more important when your CO is a female on the battlefield.

7. GochuBoy

GochuBoy OT Supporter

There should be an MOS for females where there job is to sex them up for stress relief on the battle field.

Thats all that they should be good for.

8. Ranger-AO

Ranger-AO I'm here for the Taliban party. Moderator

I saw this Korean "drinky girl" once... :mamoru: