GUN Fellows, I'm a little disturbed

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by JaimeZX, May 7, 2007.

1. JaimeZX

JaimeZX Formerly of :Sep 2001: fame - Also: Sprout Crew OT Supporter

Let me start off by saying that I'm a "call a spade a spade" kind of guy, so don't get me wrong here.

When people come into this forum and lurk, they are looking to see what sort of people we are. Are we wackos or WTF? Especially the antis.

Now, when we post interesting news articles about some sort of incident, there is usually one particular demographic involved. I'm not above posting a :hsugh: now and then when a defendant's name turns out to be "Delawrence" or "Quatisha" or something like that, but I think some of the replies to these posts are over the top.

"One more nig dead," & etc. I feel this is inappropriate, as we should never celebrate the death of someone. Like I said, I generally call it like I see it, and therefore I am not often surprised when a criminal turns out to be from a particular group, although it saddens me that the majority of this group seems to be unable to straighten themselves out. Nevertheless, regardless of one's feelings on the subject, it reflects poorly on us as a group to use epithets in these posts.

I am interested in hearing your thoughts. :hs:

Edit: Please note I'm not calling anyone in particular out here, and I know I'm guilty of it myself on occasion.

2. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

Any reader who doesn't take the forum's feeling into account when they read a post is a stupid nignog. Its like when I go to the pit on genmay. Yes its a forum for debate and discussion, but its genmay so the threads are still mostly retarded. On OT I think you can still expect mostly retarded.

You have to be an OT member to even read this forum so meh.

3. JaimeZX

JaimeZX Formerly of :Sep 2001: fame - Also: Sprout Crew OT Supporter

:rofl: Point taken. I just think given the politics of our particular hobby, we should be more sensitive about creating a negative impression on others. :dunno:

4. vettefan52

vettefan52 Guest

i call it like i see it, and some folks dont like it. i think celebrating someones death depending on who it is, is just fine. some people just dont need to be alive.

5. A96HondaAccordCoupeEX

A96HondaAccordCoupeEX Silver Member

I'm fine with 1 less nignog. Some people should be aborted:dunno:

6. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

I do think thats important, especially when it comes to writing letters to the media and our representatives. I like to think people are smart enough to realize that in a place where a debate will turn to someones lack of an avatar that people don't expect alot of seriousness. I've been in involved in a few debates on the poltiical forum of the firing line that went into what I would call racist territory. That I think has a different context and deserves more attention.

Its a good message either way :)

7. Fire Sauce

Fire Sauce New Member

Also that most WMDers are more interested in hating on Democrats than they are in trying to get them interested and involved in the hobby and sport of shooting.

8. YesterdaysGone

YesterdaysGone Iced Out Platinum Member

in my experience, those who are anti-gun liberal democrats, have this hate as a defense mechanism: "i know i can't be trusted with a gun, so why should you have one". it is my opinion that i shouldn't encourage someone to be around firearms, who doesn't trust themself with one. but, a sane, decent democrat - i would love to educate about firearms.

9. idleprocess

idleprocess Bring a dollar with you baby in the cold cold grou

I think that most of the anti-gun weirdos out there that loudly proclaim they're not to be trusted with a gun suddenly find themselves responsible adults after all when they start handling one ... it's not like they mow down pedestrians (or even those that they intensely hate) in their cars or stab their spouse with a knife during arguments even though they claim to have "anger problems." Their instinct to ban and hate guns is some emotional response to guns as a symbol that is far more powerful than rather than their reality as inanimate tools.

The petty racism here is amusing and stupid. It reflects more on the people doing the finger-pointing and tossing around slurs than it does the targets of such.

Last edited: May 7, 2007
  10. eWRXshun

eWRXshun hai

Yakavetta: I'm having a shitty day. I'm depressed. Tell me a funny joke.
    Rocco: Uh, OK. There's these three guys walking on the beach, a spic, a white guy, and a black guy.
    Yakavetta: Nigger.
    Rocco: Yeah, right. So they find this pot, rub it, and a genie comes out. The genie says, "You can wish for whatever you want." So he asks the Mexican what he wants, and he says "I want all my people in America to be happy and free, and in Mexico." So the genie goes poof. It's done. Then he says to the black guy...
    Vincenzo Lipazzi: Nigger.
    Rocco: Yeah, right, he says to the nigger "What do you want?" and the nigger says, "I want all my nigger brothers to be back in Africa, and happy and free and everything." So the genie goes poof. And they're all back in Africa. So... I'm not funny today, really, this joke sucks, I know...
    Yakavetta: Continue the joke.
    Rocco: Uh, so he says to the white guy, "What's your one wish?" And the white guy says, "Wait, you mean to tell me that all the spics and niggers are out of America?" The genie goes yeah, and the white guy says, uh, "I'll have a Coke, then."

11. UCLA throwing

UCLA throwing New Member

funny quote, good movie...good response to topical question

Sometimes, people kill because they have to. its a part of life. although i dont agree that we should celebrate ones death (a US citizens, of course).

12. I agree with you and I wanted to make a post about it but it would be pointless since I would have been laughed out of here since I never really post often. I'm glad I wasn't the only one.

A lot of people here talk a lot of shit about how they would do this or that. I think in reality that a lot of people on this forum, thank god, have never had to shoot anyone. If you pulled a trigger on some guy and saw his flesh explode, or your little boy pulled a .357 on some guy and shot him in the head through a door, I don't think you would say "congrats kid you got your first bad guy" or "one less nignog" or whatever.

I would hate for someone in my family have to learn what its like to take someones life at such an early age. Even if the person is a total shitbag it still sucks.

And yeah some of the stuff you guys say makes you look like rednecks waiting to point a weapon at someone. Sometimes I wonder what people think about most of you guys with some of the over the top stuff you say. It doesn't do much for your cause to sound racist or happy that someone got to shoot someone else. It only helps leftist people that are all about gun control make another case.

I calls em how I sees em too. I am all about keeping arms for protection against the types of people that articles are written about. When I turn 21 I can't wait to buy my first sig/glock/maybe 1911. Just keep in mind who is watching you and what they can take away from what you say.

13. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

One of the interesting things most people don't seem to know is that the origins of gun control are racism and that tradition carries on to this day in a way with things like saturday night special bans. If nothing else its interesting trivia to know that the first gun grabbers were racists.

14. Explain in more depth please, you have caught my interest.

15. spankaveli

spankaveli OT Supporter

couldn't have said it better

16. Shiva Chaos

Shiva Chaos i see boobies!

OT is very different now than when you originally registered. and i'm not talking about your '05 reg date.

17. Thunderbear

Thunderbear Yggdrasil's Forester.

Most gun control on the books started out as Jim Crow laws to keep recently freed slaves from owning or carrying guns.

My state in particular is bad about still having those laws on the books, because the 'permit to purchase' is free money for the department.

Edit: I don't give a sweet fuck what color you are, if you're stupid and get ventilated committing a crime, I wouldn't stoop to piss on your grave.

18. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

19. t1h

t1h Guest

i call 'em like i see them. and i just can't but laugh when the criminal's name is Laquisha.

20. Slick26

Slick26 Gun|Bike|Cigar|PS3|Beer |Whisky|Night Crew

Why would an anti pay for a sub just to read about our distaste of nigs and dumbshits giving law-abiding gun owners a bad name?

21. UCLA throwing

UCLA throwing New Member