SRS fell for a good friend

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by c0ldf1ame, Jan 16, 2006.

1. c0ldf1ame

c0ldf1ame New Member

I 've been good friends with this girl for 3 years now, we started off as friends, since i liked some other girl for a while. Now a couple of monthes ago i started liking this girl, and she had a boyfriend so i didnt do anything about it. But she broke up with her bf, and one day i couldnt control myself and told her i liked her. She said it was wierd cuz i was such good friends with her, and she said she wasnt ready. Its been a couple of month, but i still really like her, sometimes when im out with friends i still think of her, and we still talk sometimes but its been really awkward. i dont know what to do, this is a strange situation :hs:

2. Jay Pheezy

Jay Pheezy New Member

We're on the same boat:

http://forums.offtopic.com/showthread.php?t=2278680

I didn't get much advice but I'll tell you what I know about this. It's natural for things to get awkward after you tell her. I've tried so hard just for a chance and I never got it with my friend. I still try to this day coming up with another idea every day on how I can do it. It's bad to not let go but it's real hard to. Especially because she's your friend you know her better than some guy who might come from no where and take her. My advice to you is though..

If you feel like you have a good chance at her, keep trying. If she's not getting the hint, you might as well go ahead and ask if you'll ever get one. Careful here though.. that could ruin things completly. If you want her to come to you, the best shot you have is making her feel like you just want to be friends then spend a lot of time with her to erase the awkwardness. Once it's gone, she might fall for you to. Maybe it's a long shot.. but still. If you feel like you don't have a chance it's time to move on I guess. Moving on's tough though if she remains your friend because you might have to hear about her relationships, etc. which gets to be real painful.

Good luck.. :hs:

3. Mad_World

Mad_World Guest

Whenever you tell a chick that you want to become more than friends it takes on a "whole new level" of things. First of all you freak the girl out instead of using the natural progression of things. Second of all ... you are just friends with the girl for more than one reason. This is why opposite sex friendships hardly ever work. Now instead of just being able to talk to you as a friend... she knows that you expect "other things". If she didn't bite on the whole talk of a possible relationship, just chill out. Take it as a loss and try to build your relationship back to where you can just be friends. Most of the time this will never work because of morality issues while she's dating other people. Would you like your g/f talking to other dudes that wanted to date her while you are with her ? Good luck with this.

4. Jay Pheezy

Jay Pheezy New Member

Nice take. I never thought of it that way I wish I would've seen it earlier in my situation.

5. Mad_World

Mad_World Guest

:x:

I ended up marrying and divorcing my best friend at the time because of a pregnancy (trying to do the right thing) etc. etc. The coolest thing is that I am dating someone who is my new best friend and will eventually marry and grow old with. The point is.... there should always be a rule on friendships with the opposite sex about never letting feelings become mixed enough to where you would want to date. If that person is important enough to you as a friend... then you should want to keep it right where it is, or just build on the friendship. It is always much easier to date a woman with the intentions on building a life with them, rather than building a friendship and breaking it down later. I do feel for both of you though and wish you the best.

6. c0ldf1ame

c0ldf1ame New Member

thanks for the advice guys, you guys are great :)

7. c0ldf1ame

c0ldf1ame New Member

i've decided, im going to stop talking with her for a while, considering how good our friendship was before im hoping that it'll be fixed, but i've got to get my mind off this, its driving me crazy n im not acting myself