Feels good to take time off

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by lexsynergy, Apr 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lexsynergy

lexsynergy Active Member

trust me it was hard at first, because i was concerned on losing what i gained so far.. i've taken 3 weeks off total. it has helped me focus on other stuff besides the gym and work. i've actually have been able to get other shit done. and i have continued to eat alot and eat healthy, and i've noticed i've grown some.. just wanted to say to people that struggle with taking time off, its totally worth it!

2. Elfling

Elfling New Member

Three weeks is the max I can go before I start noticeably losing muscle/fitness.

3. Creator

Creator The Creator Has a Master Plan

Three weeks consecutively? That's pretty close to 'you don't work out anymore'

4. DTR rex

DTR rex New Member

I've took off a month or more at least 3 different times over the last year. Probably added up to half a year.

Been back in the gym for a month now and already nearly back to where I was.

If you've worked hard in the past, time off won't kill you. It always comes back.

5. Simplicity

Simplicity OT Supporter

i gotta take a break soon bro, glad to hear you liked it.

ill prob just ride a bike around or something to kill time that i would normally spend int he gym

6. Elfling

Elfling New Member

:rofl:

I'll take a week off every few months. Not more than that. The only reason I know three weeks is my limit before I start looking like shit is from having a broken leg.

7. grampositivecocci

grampositivecocci New Member

3 weeks you will notice significant declines in fitness and strength. Theres times when you can't train, eg. a holiday, but other than that, I don't see the point in doing nothing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.