feelings towards a long time friend

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Audiophile, May 25, 2006.

1. Audiophile

Audiophile boom boom

So I have this friend who I've known since middle school. Her and I dated our freshmen year of highschool and have always hung out and been fairly close. Since we've dated in highschool, it's worked out that I've either had a girlfriend, or she's had a boyfriend. That still being the case (she has a boyfriend), I wish some day our relationship could go beyond friends again. Her so right now is a complete dbag. She must leave the room to talk to him on the phone, and it's just a very annoying situation because of the way he treats her. Is it best for me just to let things go? Or should I let her know the way I feel towards her? We see each other every day, and sometimes I feel like I see her more than her boyfriend does. It's hard for me to tell how she feels towards me. When I'm with her and it's just us talking she is always making eye contact, and it's sexy as hell :hsd: :hsd: :hsd:

2. RedVsBlue

RedVsBlue Penguins > *

If you "confess your love" to her or whatever now, you are going to be interfering with her relationship, and you will probably complicate things in her life and could challenge your friendship. If you really want to see how things go with her, stay as close as a FRIEND as you can. That way, when/if things fall apart in her current relationship, you can be there for her. Then eventually work up to a relationship.

Best friends make the best relationships.

3. tominos

tominos New Member

yeah, i'd say just let things work themselves out. you don't really wanna get in the middle of a relationship, but then again if you don't do anything, nothing will ever happen.

4. Audiophile

Audiophile boom boom

yah that's what I was thinking too. But also, I do not want to hurt our friendship.

5. RedVsBlue

RedVsBlue Penguins > *

Exactly. Right now the friendship is you biggest priority, don't ever let that slip. If it leads to more in the future, than all is well, if not then atleast you still have a friend. Although people seem to say the opposite, most good friends that end up dating and then splitting up, do so on good terms. If you have a strong friendship, nothing will break that apart. People come and go in life though, just try to see the big picture and be patient.

6. Audiophile

Audiophile boom boom

So yesterday a few hours after I posted this thread, she calls me wants to go up to this wildlife park near our town. My buddy and I meet her up there and she as all sad and defenitely not herself. Her boyfriend was not answering her phone calls so she stopped by his house. His ex-girlfriends car was there, but no him or his car. So she continued to drive up to the park where my boy and I are 'collecting thoughts'. When we left I was going to go grab some food with her, but she wanted to stop by her boyfriends house quickly. Upon her arrival she is greated by him and his ex-girlfriend. A few words were exchanged, and she split. She came over to my house and it was a pretty akward situation :hs:

7. chlywly

chlywly Active Member

I would wait if I were you, have patience; their relationship will fall apart eventually by the sound of it, and then once she's healed to some degree you can make your move, by the way..... if she keeps going for idiots then you have to realise she's got some emotional/baggage issues; and therefor perhaps the person you know as a friend might not make the best relationship material, I could be wrong...

8. RedVsBlue

RedVsBlue Penguins > *

:werd: No need to rush things. If its meant to happen it will. You will eventually have to step up to the plate, but give it some time first.

9. skitcy

skitcy uhm title! ok

sounds like her current relationship is already over ONLY be a friend right now... you need to let her clear things a bit more before you step up.. if you go for the gold now your asking for a crapload of rebound/emotional baggage problems for a long time or forever.

10. 4EYED

4EYED New Member

:werd:

Sounds doomed. Exhibit a little patience and you'll have the chance to step in and be the hero. :x: