feeling stuck

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by tootall862, Mar 1, 2005.

1. tootall862

tootall862 Snatch....the best thing on earth

Ok heres the deal, been with GF for 3 yrs. weved had our rough times but nothing major. Lately ive been feeling like I want something more out of a relationship, something that Im know Im not getting now, and probably wont ever get with current GF. The way she acts is pushing me farther away each day. For instance, i joke around alot, always have but whenever I make jokes in front of her she get pissed off, or says something rude to ruin my good mood, and if I make jokes in front of other people. ie my friends guys & girls she Im just trying to show off. She often pushes me away when I try to kiss her, and she NEVER wants me to go out with my buddies. Whenever I do anything with any of my friends she flips and clams Im ditching her even when we had no plans. And lastly, the thing that pisses me off the most is she always cuts me down, and when ever I want to do something new to better myself she tells me Im just trying to copy someone and that I shouldnt. (ie started working out to get in shape, and bigger- said Im just trying to be like my buddy who is a pretty big lifter, b/c I want to be him and I am jelous of him.)
    Now I know she sounds really bad, but there are thing I love about her, and she has many good qualities but these problems make things harder ands harder for me to remain happy.

What should I do/ say to her?
    Should I try to fix it, or move on??

Cliffs:GF of 3 yrs is jelous, mean, and keeps me from being my true self. Love her alot, still have something worth saving together. Try to save it, or let her go??

2. Neuman

Neuman New Member

almost all of the responses will tell you to move on man...and why is that? cause we have all been in that situation before, and know that it'll be better for you. that being said, when i was in your situation (while i was in high school) and people were telling me the same thing and i didnt listen...so...i really think you just have to learn on your own man.

good luck.

3. jdogsvilla

jdogsvilla New Member

wow! sounds like an exact replica of me and my ex. we were together for 3 yrs also. you can't change who she is. chances are she doesn't know how much it hurts you when she does these things. so if you want to try and work things out with her and salvage your relationship, some kind of intervention may be in order. you need to communicate with her precisely how you feel and everything that bothers you. conversely, (and i know this first hand) even if you get her to change her ways, it will not be permanent. she will go back to her old self. you will have to figure this out for yourself, as all my friends/coworkers knew my ex was bad for me but wouldn't tell me until after i broke up with her. good luck, it hurts to have to do these things, but sacrificing your happiness will hurt even more in the long run.

4. Ranger-AO

Ranger-AO I'm here for the Taliban party. Moderator

The grass on the other side of the fence is DAMN GOOD, dude! FUCK - you better dump that bitch and get over here STAT!!

5. Wolfden

Wolfden :trance:

One thing I have learned in relationships - you have to who you are, someone takes that away, there can be no future. Sure it can last for a while, but in the long run it is failure.

Find someone that accepts you for who you really are.

6. You shouldn't be with anyone who makes you feel bad about yourself!!! NEVER!!!

7. tootall862

tootall862 Snatch....the best thing on earth

I had a tlak with her last night, let her know exactly how I feel, and what she needs to decide to do, and told her to get back to me when she comes to her final decision. Ill let you guys know what she says.

thanks for the advice.

8. multiplexor

multiplexor Intellectual

HEY are you dating my current girlfriend?

my gf always seems to be in a bad mood... I hate that. I always like to smile and just be in a general fun mood... everything for her seems tooo serious...

ie: some friends are a bit younger than us... they joke around makeing "pop pop pop" drive by shooting sounds... point theer hands like guns, jokeing and stuff... i think it's pretty funny... instead she turns around and sees it as being immature and shouldn't be joking about guns and stuff...

WTF?!?!?

anywho, my relationship is nearing it's end... she keeps mentionning how she doesn't see us being close and stuff... and what should we do now...

Unfortunately we live together, so it makes it a bit harder....

I dunno what to do either.... I think we just want and are looking for different things....

9. Rocky6535

Rocky6535 Now, let me see you smile...

You didn't really tell us her side of it, probably because you either don't know or can't really understand it. She probably has some reason for acting that way that stems back to something that I'd be willing to bet relates to a time when you were just "being yourself" and ended up hurting her somehow. Chances are it'll be really hard for you to fix whatever it is because you don't want to change and you don't feel all that bad about it, and she definitely does want you to feel bad about whatever it is. You're probably f'ed.

10. Carpet Liquor

Carpet Liquor New Member

Damn dude, I went throught that crap a year ago, the end of the relationship I mean.
    We were together for almost 3 years, din't reaize it athtime but there was mind games, I was also in a very vulnerable state, I went into a very deep depression for 2 of those 3 years, lost a very close relitive and found him dead on the couch when I came home.
    Anyway, she had been saying all along that she wanted to get married and have kids, blah blah blah, I all along said I wasn't sure or that I didn't, sometimes it was easier to just let her get pissed at me and say I didn't. Then I started wanting the same things, she no longer wanted those things, WTF?

Told her, "You're fired" and have since been able to quit smoking, become a much happier person, one that people enjoy being around, and have since bought a store that I enjoy running very much, all of which I would never have been able to do while remaining in a relationship with her.

Yes, we lived together yes those last two months were difficult, but I got make up sex out of it, which was good, but had to move on, it was and is for the best.