SRS Feeling scared

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Gonrad, Apr 23, 2007.

1. Gonrad

Gonrad Active Member OT Supporter

Nov 15, 2003
    I dunno, ever since our financial security has become tight, many a night I come to my room feeling scared.

Early last year, my dad lost his job of some 20yrs+

My mom lost her job of 15yrs+ due to a skin disorder

My bro got married and we spent some of our savings for his marriage.

My sis had to quit her job as it was her final year in University and had a tight school schedule.

I also was out with friends one night and got into a minor accident. The whole winter I've spent time and some money fixing my car. I had so many plans for it but had to put it on hold due to our situation. This made me feel outclassed amongst my circle of friends (who are a lot into the car hobby).

I dunno what kinda feeling it is but I feel everyone around me - outside my family - is suceeding, and I am not.

I feel like I've failed and my life is failing and falling apart.

I dunno what to make of this weird anxious feeling. During the day I'm fine but at night, when I find myself alone, I feel lost and scared.

2. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Oct 8, 2002
    Friend of mine said once: the only thing a human needs is a little food, a place to sleep, and maby a roof above their heads.

What i think is that you are being rather materialistical dependant on things that you shouldnt be. A car is not your life, the real important things,love, your family, your health should come first.

Its not nice biting on a straw and failing in the meantime. But you see its not really about failing or winning what it is about. Its your whole attitude, you see there's only 3 directions in life, going down, stay where you are and go in circles and going up. The first 2 are worthless, only improving yourself adds something positive to your life, its important that you set the course towards improvement in your attitude that really counts.

There is no failure except in no longer trying.There is no honour in giving up. There is no defeat except from within, no really insurmountable barrier save our inherent weakness of purpose.

So if your going thru hell, KEEP GOING!!!
  3. SixSecrets

SixSecrets New Member

Apr 4, 2007
    :bowdown: No one says it better than you Darketernal, and what you say is true.

Hmm...both parentsl ost their jobs....he is worried about being "outclassed" by his friends? Something wrong with that equation.
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2007
  4. Midgetized

Midgetized Don't mess with Douche Cat

May 29, 2000
    Why do you keep refering to it as "our" savings and "our" situation? Are you still living with your parents at 27? :eek3:

Are you doing anything to improve your situation? Such as looking for a better job or 2nd job. Sitting in your room all night feeling sorry for yourself isn't going to help anything. You need to make changes if you want things to be different. Life doesn't magically get better on its own, it takes effort.