Feeling like you need someone after a breakup? lonely?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by quamen, Jul 4, 2005.

1. quamen

quamen New Member

Most of you know from my previous thread, that i broke up with my gf. She cheated on me with her ex, so i dropped her that day i found out. I Dont understand i guess im to much of a nice guy and get burned. I always treated her so well and was a complete gentleman even after a year. I always opened the car door for her, bought her a rose every so often and really treated her with much respect. Anyways, im 23 and work really long hours since i own a seasonal type businesss. I work about 70-90 hours per week and I feel sometimes I dont have a ton of energy to go out to a bar or socail place to meet girls at night. I just feel for some reason I want someone to care for and to care about myself. I just am afraid I give my heart out and then it gets stepped on. Anyone have any suggestions for these feelings? I try to spend time with my buddies and do other activities, but i feel lke that someone is missing.

2. Beazy

Beazy 1 Speed is all I need

i was in the same boat as you for about 2 years. i was so depressed and in this slump, i didn't want to go out to meet girls, i wanted the girl i was with. i just eventually got together with one of my ex's from like 7 years ago. we've been like really good friends and been through a lot with stuff so it just kinda worked out really well. bad thing is, is that im still not over my recent ex and still love her a lot :(

3. lauren

lauren Active Member

it just takes time. i broke up with my boyfriend, and i wasnt even upset about it, but still, i feel like something is missing.

just make yourself do the social thing,a nd stuff will fall into place. its hard, and it takes work, but make it happen and you will overcomb it.

(unless youre alex, in which case call me bitch :rofl: )

4. Mordaine

Mordaine New Member

its going to take time. ill admit, i myself feel alone alot. but just finding someone will help that. myself. im just relaxing. trying to just find another gf at the moment.

5. Bruticus

Bruticus half dead OT Supporter

All about the time, you're gonna have to get over it but it probably won't happen for a while. However, tomorrow you could meet the girl of your dreams and bang, you will move on in a second. Will be different for everyone, but you will realise down the road that you made the right choice by dumping a cheat and all will be well.

6. Original

Original OT Supporter

I had an easy breakup, and I don't miss my ex very much at all.

What works is to get rid of anything that reminds her of you. Forget about special things between the two of you. Get outside and do things to fill up the time she took in your life. Meeting new women never hurt me either :hsd:

7. KarmaPolice

KarmaPolice Active Member

I had an easy breakup, and of course i miss having someone...

we all want someone to share our lives with (well, most anyway)... so when you have that, and it disappears it leaves a pretty big emotional void... think of losing a loved one to death or illness, it's similar in a less drastic way...

we all have that void, for me, i just find something else to fill it until the real opportunity arises to fill it again... for example, when i'm single i tend to progress much faster and with more passion on things that i set myself to learning outside of work/school (right now i'm learning japanese)... or some people devote themselves doubly to work... i can't say it makes me feel better in the same way as having someone in my life would... but it makes me feel better in general (and makes me think about it less)...

replacing one good that is lost with another good, even though it may not be the same feeling will be much more rewarding and helpful then dwelling on it and getting down about "being alone again"