SRS Feeling kinda screwed

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by CT Cubs Fan, Apr 11, 2010.

1. CT Cubs Fan

CT Cubs Fan New Member

Hey again. Back with more "wtf to do with my life" ish. I'm on the verge of signing up for law school and I'm really worried about it. I really have no way of being sure if it's for me and worse yet what I'd do if I didn't go. I can imagine certain other things I'd be interested but without having a college degree in that area, I'd imagine trying to start a career/grad school for such a subject would be more trouble than it's worth. I just feel kinda stuck without many options (I sport a lovely English/Theology degree with a woeful writing portfolio). Anyone been here and gotten past it? I'd love to hear any experiences of that kind...

2. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Having something is better then nothing, life is short so being stuck in doubt all the time is no good either. However one thing is certain in life, and that is that you need money. Finishing your law school will give financial fullfillment.

Before making the deal however, visit the school, talk to the teachers, inform yourself on wether this is something you really want to do, ask about how much the load of homework is. Information is something you can't get out of yourself, its something you get from the exterior world. So you better goto the school and investigate thorougly on wether its something for you or not.

Or in other words, you can't know what it feels like to drive a car until you drive in one by yourself.

3. bigballofyarn

bigballofyarn OT Supporter

Don't pursue a degree just because you feel the need to accomplish something. You'll be sitting in class every day wondering if you made the right choice, and contemplating 100s of other possibilities. You won't be fully absorbing the lectures. You'll be wasting your time and your money.

Find something you are passionate about and achieve it. It doesn't have to be a job in your field of study, and it doesn't even have to be a job at all. I think you're mainly looking for feel fulfilled, and most people turn to work and try to seek out feeling accomplished and useful.

Maybe your passion is writing, or traveling, I don't know... but whatever it is, I'm sure you know what makes you really happy. I'm sure there is something in your life that you feel drawn to. Even if it takes many steps to get there, just got for it. If it's worth wanting, it's worth achieving.

4. ldaggerl

ldaggerl New Member

Why is it such a big deal if its not for you? Do you really think its the last career type you'll have? You will have other jobs that have absolutely nothing to do with what you have now.