Feeling emo today v.hair

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Marijuanair, Mar 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marijuanair

Marijuanair Remember to have your pet spayed or neutered! OT Supporter

This is offtopic for this forum a little bit, but I figure some brollies might have the same issues. My hair is starting to thin on the sides of the front :wtc: It's great in the front middle, back, top, and sides, but im starting to get those 2 race stripes. It's a genetic thing, it's been happening since before I started gear (which I'm sure is just making it worse) cause my dad and his dad were all bald ontop from a yong age. It's not very bad at all yet, but I can see it coming clear as day.

I went to Bosley medical institue and got a free consultation and it's going to cost me at least $9,600 to get the grafts I need. The good news is the hair transplants are perminant and will grow for a lifetime though... I wish I had a good shaped head so I could just shave it, but I tried that once and I looked horrible, and friends wernt even nice about it :rofl: Everyone said grow your hair back you look horrible bald, the whole reason I shaved it was to see what I looked like since I knew someday I'd have to :hsd:

2. dmaestro

dmaestro New Member

3. Jam_Master_J

Jam_Master_J New Member

there is allways Finastride and Durastride. But the question is "Do I want a full head of hair or my pee pee to work?" DHT can be so cruel at times.

4. TZ

TZ Banned

dont shave your whole head, just shave it close. it probably wont look *that* bad. plus hairplugs (from what ive heard) are notorious for looking like shit

5. gnp

gnp New Member

beard combover ftw

6. Marijuanair

this isnt hair plugs, it's litterally taking hair from the back of your head where it never falls out and moving it to the top of your head. Apparently those hairs take hold and arent affected by DHT like the hairs that are already there.

And I'm on finastride and monoxinil now, I think it's just slowing the problem though.

the doctor I talked to showed me his before and afters and let me touch his head and showed me the little scares he had at the back of his head, it looks prefect and that's what's really got me convinced. the scares are tiny and are covered by the hair back there so you cant see them unless your shave your head, which defeats the whole porpuse. I'm thinking of doing it since I'm only 23 and it'll last a lifetime :emo:

7. Jam_Master_J

Jam_Master_J New Member

Do you notice an affect on your labido? Not losing my hair yet, but the men on my Mom's side all have male patern baldness so... someday. When ever I see a lose strand of hair I get paranoid.

8. Marijuanair

no, I dont recall any libido loss from that, but what KILLS my libido are anti estrogens like letrozole.

9. therealdeal

therealdeal New Member

Use rogain, it also doubles as a steroid masker in blood tests...

10. Buddyblazon

Buddyblazon Broncos Naked Bootleg...FTW!!!!

I was a "hairguy" for a long time. Had long hair all through highschool and college. It started thinning though when I was 16 ( I was just in denial).

Used Rogaine for years. Gave me hair on my lower neck and back...slowed the process...even thickened up a little. I just kept it short. Anything over an inch started to look bad though.

Than when I hit 30...I was like, "Fuck it...wear it with pride."

The key is this:

Don't give a fuck. I have a head like a Klingon...with a crest running from front to back. But I just don't fucking care.

[​IMG]

Oh...look pissed all the time. Nobody will fuck with you.

My fiance/wife thinks it's sexy as shit...so do her friends. And you know what the key to it all is? Attitude.

If you shave your head and feel insecure about it...you look like Moby.

If you shave your head and feel confident about it...you look like Telly Fuckin Savalas.

So to you, I say, "Kojak...BANG BANG!"

11. ccrooks

ccrooks New Member

i noticed my hair starting to thin on my crown... i started using rogaine, but i don't think that's gonna do anything

i just shaved my head today

i look mean

12. Buddyblazon

That's the attitude.

Shaving your head is not a "hairstyle"...it's an attitude.

13. ccrooks

ccrooks New Member

i've always had my hair short... i've had an afro a few times, but it's usually short all the time

just sucks now that i know i CAN'T grow it out again, even if i want to :wtc:

14. Buddyblazon

Dude...having your head shaved as a white dude doesn't make black guys think your a skinhead. Not anymore at least.

The appearance of a skinhead is much more than having a shaved head. In the years that I've had my head shaved...I've never once gotten a look from a black guy like I'm a skinhead. White guys with shaved heads is becoming a norm.

And since my fiance/wife is a Latina...when I'm with her...it's pretty obvious I'm not a skinhead.

15. siniquezu

siniquezu New Member

baldness should be maternal, so it wouldn't matter if your dad was bading right?

16. Buddyblazon

My Moms Dad died with a full head of hair. Her Grandfather was bald.

My Dad has been bald since I can remember.

17. Marijuanair

I've heard that before but dont know how true it is, besides, you can always carry a resesive gene for generations and have it come up somewhere down your family tree for anything.

18. ACLdestroyer

ACLdestroyer OT Supporter

My hair started thinning right after I did my first aas cycle. PArt of the reason I regret it so much.

Anyways, I cant do the bald thing so Im gonna definately look into Bosley and hope that the technology develops.

19. Marijuanair

I've been doing research and found a ton of clinics here in Pheonix area, I'm going to check their prices. California places have their prices right on the website and are about a third of the price of Bosley :eek3: I guess since they are the biggest chain they have the shittiest prices. For 2000 grafts at Bosley they said it would be $12,000, at some of the California places they have thier prices between $4000 and $6000:cool: If I cant find a cheap one I guess I'm taking a road trip to L.A.

20. ACLdestroyer

ACLdestroyer OT Supporter

$12k does sound crazy, but in all honesty if it was $20k Id probably still pay it. Would just take longer to save for it.

21. Buddyblazon

Until they come up with the pill that Homer Simpson used...I'm not trying anything else. I want to go to bed...and wake up looking like Elvis.

And seriously...you'd guys would spend that kind of money...for shitty looking hair? And don't tell me it doesn't look shitty. Have you seen Joe Torre? Dude has money. His hair plugs make him look like a 65 year old Ken doll.

Just get over it. Wear it with some fucking pride. I wouldn't say it...if I didn't go through the denial that you guys are going through.

One day...you'll just wake up...and give a rats ass about it...because all the stress you're putting yourself through for years about losing your hair...is ridiculous when you just learn to accept it and say fuck it.

The day I was able to just let it go...was the day another stress in my life just disappeared.

22. Mass

Mass Active Member

arent you married?

23. cavefish

cavefish You ain't a crook son, you just a shook one

I've been shaving my head for years. Then again I'm also a professional badass.

If I let it grow out it turns into a big whiteboy fro and thats not good for business although the ladies liked it...

24. jared_IRL

jared_IRL OT Supporter

fuckin A.

I need to get in on this attitude.

I don't know how much longer I can rock the Super Widows Peak...

25. bigdamray

bigdamray New Member

Fucking pussies!! Shave your fucking head and get more jacked!! Jesus Fucking Christ you sound like a bunch of little girls!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.