Feeling down, weight not dropping fast enough...

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Crazzy_Al, Apr 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crazzy_Al

Crazzy_Al New Member

Well, as some of you might know, I have been trying to drop weight, and add more muscle as fast as possible over the past 3 months or so. **please see previous posts I have made in this thread. Here's a good example... http://forums.offtopic.com/showthread.php?t=2439640 ** I recently dropped about 22lbs (of mostly fat) but the scale has pretty much leveled off and stayed steady. Warmer weather is here and I'm not nearly where I want to be physically. My diet is MOSTLY chicken and tuna, with the occasional protein shake here and there. (I am terrible with remembering to make my protien shakes.) :( I am starting to run out of supplements and am actually trying to drop the rest of my weight, free of supplements, in hopes of not becoming dependant on them. Here are the supplements I started on a little over a month ago...

[​IMG]

Last week was a very busy week for me. I was on the late shift at work (12:00pm-9:00pm...I do mortgages) and had to bounce at the bar 5 nights last week also. (9pm-3:30am or so) I only made it to the gym 3 days last week and I feel lazy and awful for it.

This was Saturday's workout... (Yes, I'm weak compared to most of you brollies) BTW, my bench press is so low because I hurt my right wrist about 8 weeks ago breaking up a fight and throwing someone out of the bar. I'm too stubborn to go to the doctor to get it checked out. Even with a hurt wrist I'm still at it. :(

I don't know if I'm asking for advice on what to do, or if I just need to vent, but I am not feeling great about myself right now. I'd like to drop another 20lbs in the next 1.5 months, but I don't see that being possible without losing a ton of muscle.

I don't want to get on winny, and I'm leaning towards not using an C/E Supplement...since I have never had good results with a C/E supplement before.

Advice, recommendations, words of encouragement? I need to get rid of these love handles and drop a few more inches around the midsection. Thanks in advance, guys.

2. Huge Evil Robot

Huge Evil Robot Must not sleep, must warn others

Weight is just a number, if you are still losing fat and building muscle, you arent going to get much lighter.

3. Crazzy_Al

Crazzy_Al New Member

I hear you, but at the same time, I KNOW that I have plenty more fat that needs to come off. I want to get to a true 34" waist. I have recently got into a few of my 34/32 jeans, (comfortably) but my measurement at my navel is larger than the measurement where my pants fit...that needs to go away...now. :rofl:

4. Neo22

Neo22 OT Supporter

Ok how can you shrug that much and not even hit 200 on bench?

5. Crazzy_Al

Crazzy_Al New Member

Like I mentioned, I hurt my right wrist a few weeks back and the angle at which I have to hold the barbell brings on an awful amount of pain. Prior to hurting my wrist I was able to rep with 225...but not right now. And oddly enough, my wrist ONLY hurts on the bench. I can do every other workout of mine with no problem.

For example, if I lay on my side (say relaxing on the floor) and hold my head up with my right palm flat against my head, I am in a lot of pain. So I make a fist and rest my head on my knuckles...or lay on my left side.

Does that make sense?

Last edited: Apr 10, 2006
  6. Crazzy_Al

Crazzy_Al New Member

Sorry, bad verbage. Correction made. Hopefully that answers your question.

7. GollyJolly

GollyJolly Guest

475 on shrugs and can't even bench 200, hahahahhahaha

this is one fucked up looking scenario. I'd love to see a picture of your 20 inch neck and 38 inch chest

8. danielle

danielle New Member

no offense but in some cases..those products you're spending your money on aren't really helping... I bet they are not absorbing into your system..
    Vitamins are the most common thing found in the sewage system.. that is pretty sad.. so basically they're passing through you...
    Have you tried supplements that are of pharmaceutical grade?

9. bclimn

bclimn New Member

here comes the waaaambulance haha just keep at it

10. Crazzy_Al

Crazzy_Al New Member

Since you're new, and since the posts you have already made in F&N have been so beneficial, I'll make this short and sweet.

Neck = 18.5"
    Chest = 51-52" (haven't measured in a couple weeks)

Again, thanks to an injured right wrist, pushing the bench BB is quite painful. Before I hurt my wrist I was putting up a bit more weight.

Thanks for your worthwhile contribution...

I can't say that I have. Any recommendations?

Your post makes me sad. :big grin: ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.