SRS Feeling down all the time, and lonely, and left out

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by frozenhubcap, Apr 9, 2006.

1. frozenhubcap

frozenhubcap New Member

I always feel left out and lonely and just generally down. I have amazing friends, and I would do anything for my friends. Anything in the world, but I always feel like no one wants to be there for me when I need them. They just like to keep me around because I'm always tehre for them.

I don't know why I'm posting this really... I just want to let it out.

2. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Relax :hug: we are here for you , just spit out all your problems here, we are anxious to solve them. :cool: You can come and leave here as you please, and if you need a shoulder to lean on, well actually just post a lot of problems so we have something to do in here =D

3. GlassUser

GlassUser send an email not a pm OT Supporter

Welcome to the club.

Can you really be someone else, though?

4. BlazinBlazer Guy

BlazinBlazer Guy Witness to The De-Evolution of Mankind.

If they're never there for YOU when YOU need them, they are NOT your friends. They're users and abusers. Nothing more.

Learn to respect yourself enough to realize that doing things for people who won't do for you in return will get you NOWHERE in life. Go out and find people who understand that friendship is a two way street.

I used to be the way you are -- always willing to help with anything, no strings attached, etc.... but then I learned that it got me NOWHERE, and I could never seem to advance with MY goals. Now, I've learned to be kind and courteous, but turn people down who I know aren't going to reciprocate the favor.

5. Kortiz-DZ

Kortiz-DZ Resident Nigerian Lipper OT Supporter

You, obviously, have never been to a strip club. The residual effect is pretty downing...but they always know how to make me forget my problems.

But to be honest, you'll know your real friends when they are there for you. As long as you have your shit together and you aren't a helpless alcoholic that's been through many problems that nobody seems to be able to help you fix...the friends you have don't seem to be the right friends. That sounds skewed, but that's the best I got for ya.

If you feel down, you got to get to know yourself. If you can entertain yourself, then you'll be fine and others will end up being entertained by you. Travel...and see shit.

By and large, I'm the same way...I live alone, I work alone typically, and I do a lot by myself. I have A LOT of alone time. Consume yourself with family if you have it. They are there for you if they are worth a shit. Got a pet? No? Get one...pets bring enjoyment. These are great ways to make yourself feel better inside. Do things for yourself. Don't let your friends define you....define yourself and then respect from those around you will appear and you will notice you are a worthwhile companion in life and they will be there for you because you show it is worthwhile.

6. Wolf

Wolf No one plans to take the path that brings you lowe

I'm lonely a lot too.

But I also become on-edge and anxious around other people (unless I know them REALLY well).

It's a catch-22. :sad2:

[​IMG]

7. miniml

miniml New Member

= me